Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
alanrogers
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Viber App for my Blackberry Z10 Smartphone

Hello Blackberry Support Forum. I got my new Blackberry Z10 Smartphone and I discovered that Viber doesn´t have this App developed for this model of BB. I spoke with Blackberry Spain and they told me to contact Viber directly. Thing that I did. Down below I share with you the answer I got from the people in Viber. What solution could Blackberry offer me? I use Viber a lot to contact clients and friends both here in Spain and abroad. Thanks very much for your help. All the best. Alan Rogers.

De: Viber support
Para: amrogersmartijena@yahoo.es

nov 6 a las 12:28 PM
Hi Alan,

Unfortunately, at this point,we do not intend to release a version for bb10.

Regards, 

Viber Media
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Viber App for my Blackberry Z10 Smartphone

BlackBerry has no control over the 3rd parties that offer these apps. It's the same issue with Instagram. It's up to us users to try and convince the app developers to develop them for BB10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alanrogers
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks John. What you write is true. Blackberry has no control over third parties who offer these apps. We users and also Blackberry should try to convince the developer. It might be a good idea for Blackberry to approach Viber and ask them to develop their app for their new smartphones incluiding the Z10. Viber already has their app developed for other older models of Blackberry. Why not do it for this new model? Thinking out loud, Blackberry smartphones are on the market competing against other brands of smartphones. In these other brands Viber works pretty well. Thanks a lot for your reply. I truly need to have Viber in my mobile phone. All the best. Alan. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I do know that BlackBerry has launched a concerted effort to attract these developers, including Viber. It has not gone unnoticed by BB that users want these apps. But the developers have to want to play ball and, at least for now, they don't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.