Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Vibrate Mode

Wondering if other people are people are finding that that new operating system seems to only vibrate once instead of twice like the old one. Also, I am not sure it is as strong of vibrate. I am missing notifications for e-mails quite a bit. I never really had that issue before?

I always have my phone on Vibrate. Any other "Strong Silent Types", having any issues in Vibrate mode!

Thanks,

Sky

Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Vibrate Mode

Sky, you are most definitely not alone.

The vibrate, LED, and audio notification all three need some updates as well as ability to customize.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

If you are missing notifications then you may also be having the notification issue noted in this KB. There is no fix for it yet, but it seem that the Dev teams are working on it.

To restore notifications when you notice that they stop, the fix is to either reset the device (push top button and chose reset), or do a battery pull. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please re-read his post. He never said he was missing notifications, only asking about multiple vibrates.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III

and I quote (again!)

skybuckets wrote:

Wondering if other people are people are finding that that new operating system seems to only vibrate once instead of twice like the old one. Also, I am not sure it is as strong of vibrate. I am missing notifications for e-mails quite a bit. I never really had that issue before?

I always have my phone on Vibrate. Any other "Strong Silent Types", having any issues in Vibrate mode!

Thanks,

Sky

I've read it again, and it says he is missing notifications.. I am simply pointing out that he may ACTUALLY BE MISSING NOTIFICATIONSdue to a known bug. Smiley Happy

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

While there is an issue with notifications that affects some devices he's obviously referring to missing vibrate settings.

Hopefully those options come in a future update. That is one of my biggest issues with the device is that I also miss notifications because it only vibrates once for any kind of message. I also don't like having every message vibrate the same way.

Also needed are custom profiles beyond the Normal and Phone Only. Vibrate and Silent can't really be customized.

Notifications needs a lot of work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

Hi J_C,

Absolutely no doubt, the notifications need work if they are to come close to matching what

we are all used to from previous Blackberry versions. In fact the detail that you could create in BBOS7 was truly fantastic. I too hope we get back to that stage. Smiley Happy

I just wanted to make him aware that he may actually be missing some notifications because the device is not vibrating, due to a "well known" issuse (at least as well known as anything can be for an OS that has been available for just over 2 weeks.) Not trying to take away from our friend JS's post, simply trying to add a bit more information that may very well be relevant. Smiley Happy

Anyhoo.. enough about vibrators.. but hey.. that reminds me........