Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
BSADH
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mobilink
Accepted Solution

Video chat between z10 and playbook

Hi guys,

Do you know that how to add playbook in z10 for video chat. I have z10 and playbook. I tried video chat from playbook to z10 and it was working good but when i tried to add playbook pin in z10 right after i can not do video chat from the playbook. Can you help with this please???

Bilal
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Video chat between z10 and playbook

You cannot currently start a video conference from a z10 to a playbook that are using the same blackberry ID.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BSADH

Hello,

Thanks for your support.

That means i would swipe my z10 or playbook and create new id for my phone or playbook so both ids will be different then it is possible to make video chat??
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

As pre drew, if the BB id's are the same on the playbook and z10, then the playbook can call the z10, but the z10 can't call the playbook. If you swipe the playbook and create a new ID, then the z10 can call the playbook. I have two playbooks that both my kids use and they video call each other and they also call me when I am on the road working. Last night I was working late and I called their playbook from my z10 and wished them a good night.. Great feature.. Here is a link on the video chat.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/02/02/video-chat-for-a-blackberry-10-device-to-a-playbook/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BSADH

Hi Arsen,

Thanks for your kind reply.

What do you think if i create new blackberry ID for my Z10 instead i change for playbook? I think it would work this way also?

Cheers,

Bilal

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

I think when you change the BB ID, it will also wipe the data, because it is designed to work with 1 ID, but give it a try.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BSADH

Hello Arsen,

Thanks for your support.

I have done it. I did not have much data in z10 so i wipe the phone and created new bb id different than the playbook. Now i can make video calls between z10 and playbook.

Cheers,
Bilal
Please use plain text.