Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: VideoChat with Z10 and PlayBook -works

You know what, that would be an excellent Idea to try.. I have a 60" Pioneer Elite TV and what a killer feature that would be.. I will go tomorrow and buy the Micro HDMI cable and hook it up.  Great now I will never see my z10 anymore.. My kids will be using it none stop. They already drained the battery playing rip tide all day..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lou2969
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: bell

Darnit I do have BBM contacts with playbooks
I add their PB pin and still its saying that the person must be a BBm friend
then I asked them for their BBID e-mail and still no Luck
what next ????
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Lou,

Try this,  we know that the playbook can call the z10 without a problem, but the Z10 cant call Playbook if the BB ID's are the same on the playbook and z10.. Delete that contact from you contact list that has the playbook.. Have the person video chat from the playbook to the z10.. then after hang up. Go to your hub and select notifications.. click on the top playbook video chat, it will open that, then click on the open icon on the bottom of the screen, this will dial your playbook from the z10 to the last person that you spoke to.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lou2969
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: bell

So Arsen if this is the way around something must be wrong
I mean why does not work the right way?
I will do today and see what happend
really I dont want change the ID for one device I got allot of downloads
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

lou2969 wrote:
So Arsen if this is the way around something must be wrong
I mean why does not work the right way?
I will do today and see what happend
really I dont want change the ID for one device I got allot of downloads

From the Playbook to Z10 easy call if the BB ID is the same, but from the z10 to the playbook that has the same BB ID then doesn't work well. The only way that I can make it work if the playbook calls the z10 and you pick up the call, then hang up. In the hub under notifications (bell symbol), click on the call and it will call the playbook. Again works best when the ID on the playbook is diffrent than the Z10.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jelp2
My Device: Z10/ PlayBook 16gb/64g
My Carrier: Verizon

Okay, I know this is an old thread, but one year later, the issue is still here.

Using 2 completely different BBID's, I can't video call from my Z10 to my sons PB. Well, I can, I just cant initiate it unless I keep the previous video call notification in the HUB.

If I add his PB PIN to his contact info on my Z10, it gives the "invite to BBM" tab, and we all know there is no BBM for the PB, which I still don't understand why, especially since it's coming out for GingerBread?!?!?

He doesn't have a BB phone, so there is no Bridge, therefore no BBM connection between his phone and PB which may have helped others set up contact info.

Please use plain text.