Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

imcammers
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Vodafone UK Unlocking Z10 Invalid MEPd

Hello all,

I am having a really difficult time unlocking a blackberry z10 in the uk, on the carrier Vodafone. I have requested them to provide the MEPD unlock number, i gave them the correct IMEI number of the phone.

The unlock code provided by vodafone, upon entering it into the blackberry, it is claiming to be invalid. Since questioning Vodafone on this, they have told me to contact Blackberry as neccessary.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be most appreciated.

Cameron

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Vodafone UK Unlocking Z10 Invalid MEPd

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sadly, whoever you spoke to at Vodafone was misinformed as to exactly how to refer you up to BlackBerry. This site is a user-to-user community, not a channel for any formal communications with, support from, nor escalation to BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever.

Rather, only Vodafone can put you in touch with BlackBerry...only they have access to the formal escalation channel to forward your case up to BlackBerry. End users have no free independent means to escalate anything to BlackBerry directly...only via escalation from your carrier can your case receive formal attention from BlackBerry.

So, I'd recommend you re-contact your carrier...and hopefully this time find an agent who is properly trained in the correct procedures.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.