Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Spirit10
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Voice control

I have downloaded the latest software update (10.2.1.537) and, in doing so, I have lost the "voice feedback" when I use "Voice Control". How do I rectify this?

Regular Contributor
ihiker

Re: Voice control

[ Edited ]

There is a known problem with this on 10.2.1 for many users. You can get fully functional Voice Dialing back by going to Settings > Voice Control and changing Voice recognition to Voice Dialing Only.

I am on the VZW network in the U.S. I changed Language to English (UK) and now have Full Voice Recognition Back with a polite British Accent!

VZW Z10 on OS 10.2.1.2234
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Changing to English UK didn't solve it for me. Hopefully we can get a real solution soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
Spirit10

Thanks for your suggestion. That seems to work.

New Contributor
dmcgan

I can get the feedback for calls only, no voice feedback for other actions.  Changing to English UK did not help.  I certainly hope this can get corrected soon.  The voice control features are virtually useless without voice feedback.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I know that BlackBerry is or is becoming aware of it. I hope a solution is forthcoming, as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
ihiker

Spirit10 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion. That seems to work.

I've since switched Language back to English and Full Voice Recognition continues to work. The volume seems a little low but I can hear it and it works!

New Contributor
dmcgan

Like some others had replied, in the Full Voice Control mode, I can juuuuuuusssssssstttttttt  barely hear the voice prompts if my ear is directly nest to the phone speaker.  Realistically, there IS no volume.

Regular Contributor
ihiker

[ Edited ]

Well...this morning I was again prompted to allow a few minutes for Contacts to sync and now the volume is fine.

Edit: This is NOT a fix. When you reboot...the "fix" goes away....

Guru I
John_Clark

Problem acknowledged and the partial workaround posted:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35695