Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ebrabin
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Voice dialing through hands free car system

My blackberry z10 will pair up in my 2011 Kia Sorento but will not work with voice dialing through the car's hands free system. I understand there is a problem with the phone not being compatible with the car's navigational / phone system? I there any download to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zeenery
My Device: Z10

Re: Voice dialing through hands free car system

I don't know if you have the same problem as me that the voice control is just pants and doesn't respond in the way that pre BB10 phones do.

I have previously used 5 different blackberry phones and currently have 2. My Curve works well with the bluetooth and voice dialling is easy. The Z10 seems to have taken a massive step backwards and I have never managed to get it to dial without touching the screen at least once which obviously means taking your eyes off the road. The Z10 doesn't even seem to understand me as well as previous phones.

Sorry this doesn't really help you other than to say you aren't the only having problems with it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

OK, I assume on your car's site it says your Z10 is compatible? My Z10 works perfectly, but it's listed as being so. Some people have had good luck with the Z10 working in non-compatible cars only to have it stop working with the 10.1 update. Perhaps one of the current leaks would restore it. But if it's not listed... it may not work. There is no "problem"; it's not compatible.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ebrabin

Car site says it is compatible! It just can not understand the name when I try to make a call. I have even simplified the name as "Home" and it still does not recognize it...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zeenery

That is my problem. The phone pairs without any problems but the software just doesn't respond correctly if at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
colpart
My Carrier: T Mobile

I thought it was me or the car - my previous Bold worked great in my Mazda CX-5 but since changing to the Z10 it just cannot understand any names I throw at it - even simple ones like HOME.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

ebrabin said:  My blackberry z10 will pair up in my 2011 Kia Sorento but will not work with voice dialing through the car's hands free system. I understand there is a problem with the phone not being compatible with the car's navigational / phone system? I there any download to fix this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I went on your car's site.  They say the phone is totally compatible, but they show the 2012 nav/phone system in their illustration (not 2011).  Also, they say they tested the phone on "OS Build ID 420075".  (Z-10).  And they have a disclaimer saying that "... (paraphrase) sometimes phone manufacturers update their OS and they may no longer be compatible so go back to an earlier version."     First thing I would do is check my OS Build ID (under settings > about > OS). 

I have an OS updated to 10.1 (T-Mo).  My Build ID is 522554,  If your phone is stock with no leaked OS, and the build ID is 420075, it should be 100% OK.  BUT... that build ID seems a little strange to me.  Because then they go on with the FAQ and mention OS 7.  But have a look at your Build ID.  Let us know what is says.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ebrabin

[ Edited ]

It says software release - 10.0.90.422, Model ID is STL100-4.  BUILD#  448541  Does this help at all?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

Usually people running the 10.0 versions, as you are, have no problems with BT connection in their cars.  But when they upgrade their phone to 10.1, people -- whose phones are not listed as compatible on the car web site -- begin having issues.  But, try this: go into settings > about > OS > build ID.  What is that number ID? 

On you car site it claims the phone is compatible, but tested to the build ID listed on the site, which seems like an odd number.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ebrabin

BUILD # 448541
Please use plain text.