Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
BBZ10user4
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Volume on Videos

Hi guys..:-)

Does anyone know how to play videos without the need for headphones please?

I recorded a video but now, i can't play it on speaker, i have to use headphones...

I'll be very greatful if anyone knows how to sort this out please.

Thanks....

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Volume on Videos

Hello BBZ10user4, 

Welcome to the forums. 

In order to investigate this properly we will need some additional information. 

What happens when you try to view a video with out the headphones plugged in? 

Are you getting a specific error message?

If you view a YouTube video are you able to hear the video without headphones? 

Is this only happening to videos you create? 

What version of software are you currently running on your BlackBerry smartphone? 

Once we have some additional information we should be able to help you out. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
BBZ10user4

Thanks for your response. :-)

Well, i have BlackBerry Z10

Watching other videos ie. YouTube is fine, the problem that I am having is after I have recorded a video, I can only watch and listen to the sound by the use of headphones.If I played it without headphones, the video will be running just fine but there is not sound whatsoever.

No error at all

Hope to hear from you soon..

Thanks in advance.
New Contributor
mikechan
My Device: z10 stl100-1

im having the same problem with my z10 stl100-1 os v 10.1.0.273. hope the issue will be resolved soon. i already tried to reboot and battery pull but it does not work for me.
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

[ Edited ]

I was hoping the 10.1 update would fix this issue. It seems if you record a video with the Z10 the record volume is extremely low and there is no way to adjust it. When you playback you have to jack it all the way to faintly hear it.

It's not just you...everyone I have talked to about this has the same issue.

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
New Contributor
mikechan

actually i cant play or hear any sounds using the speaker but i know its working since i can hear the other person when having a call clearly.
New Contributor
mikechan

has anyone figure out or having the same sound problem?
New Contributor
BBZ10user4

I'm still having the same problem.

:-(
New Contributor
mikechan

Is this an OS bug or a hardware issue. If it's just a bug then I can wait for the fix patch no much harm done for me else I need to send the phone back to my network operator for repair or replacement.
Contributor
JosephI
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10

I also have the same issue...

From what I've observed so far, there's at least 3 media players - Videos, Music, and a 3rd one that gets called when you open media files attached to emails or directly from file manager.

This 3rd media player has the option to select the audio output device.  It seems to select the output using the following order - connected device (bluetooth or wired headset), handset (Z10 ear speaker at top), speaker (Z10 speaker phone speaker at bottom). So without a headset, the ear speaker is used, which I wouldn't have found out if my ear speaker volume wasn't set to high. Even then it was barely a whisper. I was turning the device around with it close to my ear when I found out.

Using the 3rd player, when I selected the speaker option from the menu, I was able to hear the audio from the bottom speaker.

The Videos and Music apps played the audio on bottom speaker automatically. They didn't have the option to select the output device.

I tend to use the 3rd player more because I get my voicemails as transcribed emails with the voicemail attached as an audio file. I just open them rather than save them then use the Music app to play them.  Of course, I save the ones I want to keep.

Same thing with videos. Most of what I view are from attachments.

Hopefully, the other posters can confirm if they have the same use case as mine or provide more details if their use case is different. I'm on SR 10.1.0.273 OS 10.1.0.1720 with Telus.

My other issue is that the recording level seems to be set to low. Either that or the mics are not sensitive enough. I have old video recordings from my 9860 and the audio there is louder, more crisp when compared to my Z10 recordings.