Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Twolovers1
My Device: Blackberry z10

WHAT THE BB Z10 NEEDS TO IMPROVE

I'll keep this short and sweet.  Very disappointed in the new BB.  So many "fine touched" which were missed on the BB10.  THey really should have paid more attention to what other platforms have done at at least mimic the best ones.

Things that it falls short on:  (Random order as I vent)

• adding contacts from email should bring in basics like person name so you don't have to waste time retyping it.  (come on guys)
  • email set up is way too cumbersome.  Basic email accounts like g-mail have defaults which don't change.  WHy show them.  Iphone gmail setup for the brainless way easier.  DOn't over think your customer.
  • Want to be able to turn off emails without deleting the setting (huge benefit to manage multiple accounts)
  • Bummed that the ability to separate WORK and PERSONAL lives is lacking for the self employed person.  It appears only to be available on corporate accounts yet millions of self employed people get left out.
  • In Contacts - Customize RINGTONES and MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS are missing a SILENT option for those whom I wish to ignore.  Also, the list is alphabetized so I have to go thru every song and sound in my list before I get to the default BB tones and sounds.  1000's to scroll thru.  WASTE OF TIME
  • When in a text window, I select the contact at the top, I should be able to IMMEDIATELY select edit the contact, not be forced to "open" the contact first, then click edit.  Shorten the steps. 
  • THE ENTIRE SETTINGS SECOND NEEDS WORK.  TOO MANY BURRIED FEATURES WHICH SHOUDL HAVE THEIR OWN ICONS and/or SEGMENT THEM WITH HEADERS OR VISUAL SEPARATIONS.  While I hate the IPHONE they do have a very user friendly settings section making options very simple to use.
  • NOTICIFATIONS:  What happened to being able to set a custom notification setup where one of your defaults doesn't apply WITHOUT having to change the defaults.

This is it for now.  I will expand on this as time goes on. 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: WHAT THE BB Z10 NEEDS TO IMPROVE

All good points, and I've noticed myself like six of those eight (and more).

I've been self-emplyed... there really is no separation of work and personal (ha!). BlackBerry Balance is available for that, but as you said... it's really not for your setup.

On your Calendar, you can create a personal and work calendar. And you can mark calendar events as "private".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520

I've commented on this myself - everything feels rushed, like they ended up leaving it half done. There's polish on the outside, but when you want to do anything everything feels disjointed. The old Blackberries have a reputation for being well thought out, giving you the option to do obvious things that might be linked to what you're doing at that time. All that seems to be missing.

I'm intrigued by your comment about scrolling through 1000s of sounds in the notifications, as I only had a handful & I couldn't find any others.

I've shown the phone to several friends who were thinking about the Z10, all of whom made the same comments and are now sticking with their old phones for the time being. Fortunately I have the option of sending it back myself within 14 days, and so far I really can't see it winning me over.

Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10

Rushed is the word.

Anyone try to add a ringtone to a contact.

All my ringtones got comingled with my music. 

That was a pain.

Inconsistencies in the UI are the most glaring issues.

Contributor
korotana365
My Device: BBz10

IF THE BOFFS AT BB JUST IMPORVED ON THE OLD BB'S THEN THEY COULD HVE HAD ITS LOYAL FAN HAPPY AND NEW ONES HAPPIER..

I.E

WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE "ADN"

IN THE OLD BB IT HAD A REPLAC WITH OPTION:

IE; REPALCE ADN WITH AND

SO IF YOU MADE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN ITLL AUTO CORRECT...

MOVING FORWARD TO THE CURRENT Z10 ... WTF!!!!1

DID THE CEO NOT ASK ITS DESIGNERS TO SEE HOW THE MUSIC PLAY WORKS???

THE CURRENT VERSION YOU CANNOT EDIT!!!!

WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

**bleep** YOU GUYS... MR CHEN YOU BETTER BE READING THIS!!!!

CAN YOU PLEASE JUST Have a decent music player...that looks like the best of the best.. my director always used to say KISS: keep it simple STUPID!

Carlos

JSanders

korotana365 wrote:

IF THE BOFFS AT BB JUST IMPORVED ON THE OLD BB'S THEN THEY COULD HVE HAD ITS LOYAL FAN HAPPY AND NEW ONES HAPPIER..

I.E

WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE LIKE "ADN"

IN THE OLD BB IT HAD A REPLAC WITH OPTION:

IE; REPALCE ADN WITH AND

SO IF YOU MADE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN ITLL AUTO CORRECT...

MOVING FORWARD TO THE CURRENT Z10 ... WTF!!!!1

DID THE CEO NOT ASK ITS DESIGNERS TO SEE HOW THE MUSIC PLAY WORKS???

THE CURRENT VERSION YOU CANNOT EDIT!!!!

WTFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!

**bleep** YOU GUYS... MR CHEN YOU BETTER BE READING THIS!!!!

CAN YOU PLEASE JUST Have a decent music player...that looks like the best of the best.. my director always used to say KISS: keep it simple STUPID!

Carlos

Carlos, do you really think typing your rant in ALL CAPS gives your post extra attention, perhaps as if your yelling loudly at someone in a store? Do you do that often, rant at innocent bystanders who have offered to help you?

The "BOFFS AT BB" did include Word Substitution in the Z10, same the older existing "Auto Text" or "Word Substitution" feature. You'll find it at Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution. Those "BOFFS" knew that someone would be typing "adn" for "and".

I don't understand what problem you're having with the music player, you didn't say.

And my guess is Mr. Chen isn't reading your rant. If he does, perhaps he'll say hi.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
korotana365

firstly i just use cap letters bc, i wasnt shoutng and stop making it mean im shouting!.

how do you edit a song : name, artist, album etc..on the BBz10 which i cannt do or there is no clear way to edit it on the BBZ10..

a youtube tutorial would help...or a link ?

Carlos

JSanders

Carlos, using ALL CAPS in internet forums does mean your shouting. Thanks for understanding.

Open your File Manager > go to your music folder > find a song > touch and hold that title (without opening it) and touch and hold that title > on the right side pop-up, tap RENAME.

I'm thinking you won't need a video for that, right?

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
korotana365

Re: Editing Artistes Names in Music Player

Thank you for that, but thats not what i was referring to...

Here goes:

1. open music player
  2. click on library
  3. and my artist name is Unknow
  4. click on folder and in the gry section next to the music note on the tope left it say UNKNOW it is this that is un-editable

this would be  great help.

Carlos

Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Re: Editing Artistes Names in Music Player

korotana365 wrote:

Thank you for that, but thats not what i was referring to...

Here goes:

1. open music player
  2. click on library
  3. and my artist name is Unknow
  4. click on folder and in the gry section next to the music note on the tope left it say UNKNOW it is this that is un-editable

this would be  great help.

Carlos

Yo can not edit  song TITLE / ARTIST while you are in the music player. Go to "File Manager" and find the song you are looking to make changes to.