Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

WIFI SD cards

Blackberry compatibility

I wonder if there is a way to use WIFI SD with Blackberry and is there an application to do so.

I receive as a gifts (a Transcend WiFi SD card for My Nikon D300S and also a Eye-Fi card). Both cards are 16G

I woult like to be able to send pictures to my Blackberry Z10 from thoses cards to put them in Flickr, twitter or facebook or send them by mail.

Do you know is Blackberry will make an app for that.

I really need to work that way I'm a political photographer and we need to send pictures for social medias really rapidly.

I already wrote to Eye-Fi and they answewr that their card is not compatible with Blackberry

But Transcend still say yes by passing by iTunes but ITunes doesn't work with Blackberry and the app for Flickr is not working anymore.

Thanks for your answer

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: WIFI SD cards

OK... wifi cards are SD size.  Phones use MicroSD cards.  They are not physically inchangeable because of the size.

You can upsize a card with an adapter.   But you cannot DOWNSIZE a wireless card into a phone...

Here's a size comparison...

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/encyclopedia_images/_COMPSD.JPG

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

one option is to get a Z30 which support USB hosting

there are some wifi SD reader that when on same wifi SSID you can access it via a web browser

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

The card fits in my camera and work with my computer via Chrome

It's the blackberry that I cannot find a app to communicate with the WI-FI card in the camera.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Lypa wrote:

Blackberry compatibility

I wonder if there is a way to use WIFI SD with Blackberry and is there an application to do so.

I receive as a gifts (a Transcend WiFi SD card for My Nikon D300S and also a Eye-Fi card). Both cards are 16G

I woult like to be able to send pictures to my Blackberry Z10 from thoses cards to put them in Flickr, twitter or facebook or send them by mail.

Do you know is Blackberry will make an app for that.

I really need to work that way I'm a political photographer and we need to send pictures for social medias really rapidly.

I already wrote to Eye-Fi and they answewr that their card is not compatible with Blackberry

But Transcend still say yes by passing by iTunes but ITunes doesn't work with Blackberry and the app for Flickr is not working anymore.

Thanks for your answer

If you have the latest OS you can install Android apps.

First install 'Snap' (like Playstore) then search for Eye-Fi and Wi-Fi SD, maybe one of them will work.

Contributor

I dont want to change my Z10 it's not a year old. But I wonder is the app for BBW

as Wi-Fi drive or Wi-Fi file server could work with the Wi-Fi SD Cards (trenscend WI-FI card ou Eye-Fi card.

IT's not a matter of USB it's a matter of WI-FI connection and compatibility between my camera ans my BB Z10.

Forums Advisor III

Lypa wrote:

I dont want to change my Z10 it's not a year old. But I wonder is the app for BBW

as Wi-Fi drive or Wi-Fi file server could work with the Wi-Fi SD Cards (trenscend WI-FI card ou Eye-Fi card.

IT's not a matter of USB it's a matter of WI-FI connection and compatibility between my camera ans my BB Z10.

Hi Lypa

I installed The Transcend Wi-Fi SD Android app on my Z10, looks promising although I didn't try any wifi settings.

Definitely worth a try.

Contributor

As for the android apps i will try it

but before I want to know it it's working with tne WI-FI in the camera

If it passes by I Tunes or Chrome I dont have them on my BB Z10.

Contributor

My software release is 10.2.1.537

OS version is 10.2.1.1925

AIR version is 3.5.0.230

If it ok

Where can I find Snap is it an app for BB I can find on the BB site.

Forums Advisor III

Lypa wrote:

As for the android apps i will try it

but before I want to know it it's working with tne WI-FI in the camera

If it passes by I Tunes or Chrome I dont have them on my BB Z10.

Did a search, the Android app works on the Z10, have a look here.