Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
vgbaron
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

WIFI limited notifications

[ Edited ]

I have a Z10 with ATT running 1.0.2074. The problem I will describe did not happen prior to the latest OS update.

At home - when my z10 connects to my wifi - it shows connected but I get a notification that the wifi is limited and I should connect to another source. The wifi icon is NOT showing in the top bar but ATT LTE, the BB logo and the bars are there.

I have tried a Z10 restart, restarted the router - changed batteries - have run out of options.

I run a web server out of my house so the router is working just fine and if I connect wirelessly with my laptop or tablet, all is well. I do not understand the "limited" notification. The full message says "wifi access is limited. Some websites are not reachable....etc>

edit:this does not happen with my wifi at work.

Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Vic

Trusted Contributor
ratcat
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10

Re: WIFI limited notifications

[ Edited ]

I am guessing if you look at the IP address on your Blackberry when on your home WiFi you will see something like:

169.X.X.X, which means it did not get assigned an IP address by your router.  A simple solution would be to assign a static IP address in the WiFi settings on your Blackberry for your home network.

Other's have reported similar issues with some routers.

Contributor
vgbaron

yup! I noticed that was the ip address. Will set it manually. I believe I did that originally and the OS update reset it.

Thanx!
Regular Contributor
paulbrandreth
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook

I'm having the exact same problem. When I checked the IP address on my BlackBerry it says 169.254.186.76  How do I assign a static IP address in the wifi settings on my BlackBerry for my home network?

Thanks for your help!

PB

Contributor
vgbaron

go into settings - networks - saved networks - select network and scroll dowqn - you'll find place to enter IP address.

Vic

Contributor
protecturneck
My Device: curve 9300

I tried entering all the info (ip address, default gateway, dns) manually. It worked for about 3 seconds and I got the message I see 10 times a day. ..Limited access as some websites are unreachable...

What a headache.