If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
brownsd
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

WOW Red Light Special - -My Z 10 DIED again- Replacement phone of one that died 6 months ago

After checking emails and using on Sat morning, my z10 decided to up and die- Red Light only/black screen.  This was a replacement phone after my first z10 (bought on release date) died 2 and half months in.  What a dissappointment when your business phone goes down like this.  .

I bought the phone at Coscto on a Bell plan.  The first time this happened there was no Z10 replacements - so could not update contacts to replacement phone- used an old torch backup.  Costco said they would be getting some to deal with this.  Had to take the phone back to a Bell store where they shipped it out to be "repaired" -took one week to get the phone to the repair location...awesome .After two more weeks they sent out a replacement phone- no discount on service offered by either Bell or Blackberry.

This time I had to pay $7.00 to ship the phone out... awesome.( are you kidding me).  Again no loaner z10 but Costco says they are working on it.  I pay over $1400 for well used service on this business phone and this is the thanks that I get.

Can you say Apple IPhone >    I can

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: WOW Red Light Special - -My Z 10 DIED again- Replacement phone of one that died 6 months ago

I would try this first if you haven't already.

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-os-blackberry-z10-or-blackberry-q10
Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Re: WOW Red Light Special - -My Z 10 DIED again- Replacement phone of one that died 6 months ago

Yes scrannel is right dot give up you gave a lot of money try reloading your os
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brownsd

Kind of tough to reload a OS when the computer will not register that there is a phone attached.  or am I doing something wrong.   I have sent off for a repair... keep you posted on the wonders of BB and Bell

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
scrannel

Did you try starting BBerry link manually?  And, did you try the "harder" option to relaod OS? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brownsd

Yes, I did open Link software and it continue to say- Please connect device.    Is everyone understanding that DIED means no starting up , only a red light on the upper right of the phone on indicator light.   DEAD.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
scrannel

brownsd, try to understand we are just users like you who volunteer to suggest solutions. We're not formal reps of BBerry. Sometimes we're feeling around in the dark as much as you are.
Please use plain text.