Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
rpsprowl
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

What Z10 forgot to carry over from the Bold

I wish BB had a feedback link on the site, but instead im posting here. I use BB for business email on the go primarily. The quickest available retreival increment of my emails is 15 minutes where the Bold was basically instant. Plus the Bold would mark messages in your desktop inbox as read if they were read on the phone, whereas the Z10 only deletes messages on the desktop. Email is what made them famous so I dont see how they could deliver a worst email service on the latest generation phone.

Other complaints are 1) volume on alerts randomly goes off and must reboot. 2)Cant back up to the cloud (miss software on compute backup option), but then again phone is never reconized by Blackberry cloud system. 3)Picture organization is annoyingly faulted.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: What Z10 forgot to carry over from the Bold

Actually, if you have an IMAP email server you will get the message READ reconcile to your email server.

If you have your email server setup correctly to your "desktop" (assuming you mean Outlook?) the READ reconcile can be synced as well.

2) You can backup to the Cloud. What is it that you want to backup to the cloud?

3) Agreed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rpsprowl

My email is hosted through a GoDaddy IMAP server not utilizing Outlook, But GoDaddy's Desktop Notifier. On the Bold there was not synchronizing setup necessary as everything worked automatically. I have never been prompted to enable a read sync feature with the Z10 during initial setup which was more automated than the bold which if memory serves me right I needed to supply the DNS/Ports numbers on the bold and not with the Z10. Im not that technical but I will see if I can dig further. I do hope BB reads this and provides a firmware update to get faster retreival times than 15 minutes. I forget the name of BB's cloud sync, but it will not recognize my phone when i plug into the USB to do full phone backup. I can only export from laptop to phone. Thanks for your insight.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're misreading something I wrote, I never said you missed the enabl3e4 read sync feature or anything like that.

The problem with GoDaddy is that they do not enable PUSH on IMAP currently, I wish they did, and your (and mine!) email delivery would be instant. I've asked GoDaddy, why don't you, also?

I don't use the Desktop Notifier. I do use Outlook. The read sync from the Z10 to GoDaddy server to my desktop Outlook works perfect.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rpsprowl

With the Bold i Beleive it would refresh every minute so the "Push" was not an issue. On the Z10 the default setting was 1/2hr and I was able to lower it to 15 Minutes. If the "Push" inquiry to Godaddy would overcome the 15 minute Z10 refresh setting I will do it.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

rpsprowl wrote:

With the Bold i Beleive it would refresh every minute so the "Push" was not an issue.

Nope, it was ALL "push" email. Instant through RIM's BIS network, but a lot of users hated it, so they moved to Active Sync.

I have a five minute sync. Check yours again, or wait until your next upgrade.

If GoDaddy would enable PUSH on IMAP, it would make the email delivery instant. Trust me, I am certain of this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rpsprowl

Ok Thanks. Best option I have is the 15 minute sync so I will seek out the update.

Please use plain text.