Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 Black

What is master volume purpose?

I am having difficult time distinguish between "regular sound indicator" and "master volume?

1.What is Master Volume?

2.What does it affect? (Alarm clock volume?)

3.Does it only affect apps or the maximum volume of the device in general? 
(for example if I set it to half..Regales if I have set the ringtone volume to Max... It will only play half the power due to the master volume being set to half?) :Batman:

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry

Re: What is master volume purpose?

Master volume is the general volume level that is adjusted when you use the volume buttons on the side. It controls the speaker volume for music, videos and calls.

Other types of volumes can be set independently in the settings, for things like notifications, alarms and ringtones.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

I've gone into Settings and tried turning down the volume whichever way I can, but I can't seem to turn down the volume for the ringtone. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

Swipe down from the top bezel from either the hub or the home page. Click on the word "notifications"

The volume slider there controls the ringer and the notification volume.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: