Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
boonzer
My Device: Z10

Re: What the **bleep**? Emails on my new Z10 are all messed up? ((HELP))

I completely agree...
JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Explain what a premium customer is?

As far as I know, all customers are premium and all have the very same (free) support option.

I haven't seen this issue on email coming from any of the Z10 devices I've used. I tried helping the OP on his issue, and the emails he sent me , I saw no issue, expect in screen shots of emails he sent other users.

Oddly enough, during that time, I got a normal weekly Office Depot email which contained the same HTML encoding in it, viewable on my z10 and the desktop PC Outlook as well.. that was a HTML encoding issue on the sender's side.

I do believe this is all an issue related to the outgoing email server encoding and how certain Z10 software interacts with that outgoing server.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
tradernick
My Device: prospective Z10!

Sure, I'd be happy to. I didn't want to reveal too much but since you've questioned me and suggested I've posted something inaccurate, I'll respond honestly.

What I mean by Premium customer is a person who has paid $700 for a phone that is supposed to be at the cutting edge of handheld mobile communications tech.

You are not correct about support. Blackberry says that warranty support (including all troubleshooting) is the responsibility of the 'point of sale entity'. I learned this by speaking to a senior support rep at their Canadian offices (fought my way through from the Phillippines call centre). In this way, Blackberry is throwing its cusrtomers under the bus. Apple, Google Nexus, Lenovo, as well as all the makers of my high end audio gear take care of their customers directly while in-warranty.

You sound a bit like all those people on Crackberry who say 'What problems? There are no problems with this phone'. 'I haven't seen this issue'. This is a known issue. Lots of people are citing it at CB, and I think BBRY themselves have acknowledged it. It's a waste of our time to have to read you saying 'I haven't seen this issue'. 

I am a huge BBRY fan and have likely been using their products longer than you. I want them to succeed. This rollout of the Z10 hasn't gone well and the OP is getting the runaround because BBRY has trusted Rogers to treat him right, a mistake if there ever was one.

I see you spend a lot of time helping people and that's good, but please. Don't question me because I suggest that BBRY isn't treating its customers right in terms of warranty/troubleshooting on these phones. The decision to leave these services in the hands of the 'point of sale entity' (their words, not mine) was a huge error.

JSanders

Oh. 

How long have you had a BlackBerry?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

tradernick wrote:

What I mean by Premium customer is a person who has paid $700 for a phone that is supposed to be at the cutting edge of handheld mobile communications tech.

Oh , well, that's no different than others who paid less under a two or three year contract. Same different. Mobile providers and BlackBerry don't differentiate between customer support according to the amount they paid. All the same.

tradernick wrote:

You are not correct about support. Blackberry says that warranty support (including all troubleshooting) is the responsibility of the 'point of sale entity'. I learned this by speaking to a senior support rep at their Canadian offices (fought my way through from the Phillippines call centre). In this way, 

That's exactly how it works. I think we're in agreement here. I don't know what your bloviating over. "Point of sale" is often the "mobile provider". If the point of sale is some road side vendor or even a big box store like Best Buy, FutureShop or even Walmart, Amazon or Tiger Direct, that is not correct. Those are third party sellers, who very definitely do not offer support.

If you scroll up, I've spent a lot of time helping this user in this thread and privately, and I am stumped on this as well. Please don't continue making personal attacks on me. We're not CrackBerry.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
tradernick
My Device: prospective Z10!

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, I don't know what 'bloviating' means. You're clearly much better educated than I am.

If you don't want people responding sharply, I suggest you stop initiating sharp exchanges. Makes sense, right?

Blackberry is throwing its customers under the bus by farming out warranty support to the 'point of sale entity'. This is exactly the opposite of what firms like Apple, Google (for Nexus products), Lenovo, as well as hundreds of other high-end hardware makers do. 

Blackberry is trying to retain and regain market share. You would think that a crucial part of the effort would be to show that they're standing behind their products and not exposing people to the vagaries of each 'point of sale' entity's selfish support protocols.Do you seriously trust Telus or Rogers to do what's in my best interest? 

My last post here. You seem to have some trouble parsing meaning from written English. Please re-read my post; in fact I was the one who pointed out that you seem to be a person who spends time helping others here. I'm not sure why you told me to scroll up to learn that. 

ON IGNORE

JSanders

tradernick wrote:

ON IGNORE

Good, then we can continue on the OP's issue.

BlackBerry does not give "point of sale" the responsibility for technical support. If you were told that, it was wrong.

The initial, front line responsibility is that of the mobile network to which the subscriber pays for the service, which is routinely the mobile network provider of the SIM you have inserted. A user should check the contract they signed with the provider. Any issue which that provider cannot resolve should (and the user may need to demand it) be escalated up to BlackBerry's tier two technical support. You can find hundreds (thousands?) of threads in this forum stating that, as well as on the official support pages of BlackBerry.com.

If your provider refuses to escalate the issue, demand it. Push. Ask for a supervisor. You will get an incident number and a normally a direct phone number for BlackBerry support.

I'd recommend that to the original poster in this thread as well (I think I have done that privately already).

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
SgtWilko
My Device: 8310, Playbook, Z10, 9900

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

tradernick wrote:

ON IGNORE

Good, then we can continue on the OP's issue.

BlackBerry does not give "point of sale" the responsibility for technical support. If you were told that, it was wrong.

The initial, front line responsibility is that of the mobile network to which the subscriber pays for the service, which is routinely the mobile network provider of the SIM you have inserted. A user should check the contract they signed with the provider. Any issue which that provider cannot resolve should (and the user may need to demand it) be escalated up to BlackBerry's tier two technical support. You can find hundreds (thousands?) of threads in this forum stating that, as well as on the official support pages of BlackBerry.com.

If your provider refuses to escalate the issue, demand it. Push. Ask for a supervisor. You will get an incident number and a normally a direct phone number for BlackBerry support.

I'd recommend that to the original poster in this thread as well (I think I have done that privately already).

J Sanders

As you mentioned yourself in an earlier post, it has been documented in several threads here and on Crackberry that the issue is caused by a combination of a bug in the last Z10 update (LF only instead of CRLF line termination) and poor SMTP server handling of that bug. Therefore, some Z10 users will be affected and others not, depending on how the SMTP server they use for outgoing emails is implemented. Don't know what exchanges you have had privately with the OP but I suggest he tries to use the Yahoo mail SMTP server which handles the lack of CR well and has solved the problem for me.

I've posted the details here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/What-the-bleep-Emails-on-my-new-Z10-are-all-me...

Sgt Wilko

New Contributor
PHXSJAZ

I have the SAME problem.

Contributor
boonzer

I found a solution. Go to crack berry, download some of he provided (leaked beta OS) operating systems...problem solved... I'm presently running 10.1.0.1880