Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sjtb
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

WhatsApp for Z10

Any idea's when the release date is for WhatsApp on BB10? Ive looked into "sideloading" and thats a bigger hassle than it's worth i feel.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Keithhooper
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: WhatsApp for Z10

I worldliness,e to know too - thought it was available already.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

There isn't a release date but it is coming.

Sideloading won't do any good since the Android version won't pick up the contact list. Tried it already.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjtb

Yea you can download the android version straight to your phone but it doesn't open.
I got my girlfriend the Z10 unlocked but she needs whatsapp to talk to friends in the uk (we study in the states). To be honest I'm not entirely impressed.
I've read it's being released valentines day but I doubt I'd get any response from blackberry themselves.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I have quite a few sideloaded apps. Once youve done it a few times it's pretty easy.

Valentine's Day is only a week away. I hadn't heard that release date but it's something to look forward to. The CEO of BlackBerry said himself it's coming. It will come.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjtb

Yes. In what? 5 months?! Lol they shouldn't sell a phone on the basis of apps that....aren't in place. Way to go blackberry.

I honestly have no idea where to start with side loading.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I'm sure he wouldn't have said it if it were going to be that long.

Here is a good site for sideloading:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

One note about sideloading, not every app will work. Goodreader has converted a lot of them but there are some that don't work once in a while.

Don't bother with Skype or Whatsapp...they don't work. They're coming soon...It's a brand new phone give it a little time.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjtb

Patience with blackberry? Has to be a given. I was part of the 5 day no service black out. That was hell. Lol
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Then you'll be happy to know that the Z10 no longer requires a BlackBerry data plan so you won't have BlackBerry to blame for service outages unless it's limited to BBM or Protect or some individual service.
Please use plain text.