Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
dpjf
My Device: Z10

Where are my emails going?

Hi

(Hopefully I'm just missing a setting somewhere) ...  I receive emails via IMAP which - when my PC Outlook is running - get downloaded from the Server to the PC and deleted from the server.

On my Z10 - assuming that they are not immediately consumed by the server deletion - I see them arrive & can read & reply fine.

But ... all of the emails will disappear - even if I file them (I guess "file" doesn't mean "save") - also I can't find a way to see or save my Sent emails - just an empty folder.  I'd like to be able to  Save (selected) incoming emails and Sent emails.

Any help gratefully received.

Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Where are my emails going?

I think you have to move then to another folder. This will 'save' them on the Z10.

You can choose to have HUB show or hide these other folders.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Where are my emails going?

[ Edited ]

If you are using IMAP in Outlook it should not be 'downloading and deleting' anything from your server, unless you initiate a delete command on an email in Outlook, it should simply be displaying what is on the IMAP server. Outlook will then move that email to your selected trash folder (edit for clairity) if you delete it (edited for clarity), and you will have to flush that by emptying it once in a while.

If you are using POP on Outlook then you do have some options as to how and when the emails are deleted from your server.

If your Z10 is using IMAP it should be showing you a replication of what is on the IMAP server up to your maximum number of days selected (currently seems to be only up to 30 days of emails.possible.)

Deleting items on your Z10 over IMAP will immediately delete them from the server (thus from any other machine using IMAP). We are not sure yet if that is by design, or if there is an issue moving items to the 'Trash' folder on deletion.

If you are not seeing folders on your device you can: click the Blue line at the top of the hub (or the top of a specific email folder in the hub) and you will see a listing of your available folders. You can chose them here.

If you are not seeing filed items in your hub all of the time and you wish to, simply chose the overflow menu >> settings >> display and actions >> and turn on the "Show filed messages" switch.

If a folder is not accessable make sure that you are syncing it by going to edit the email account settings and chose the "edit folder settings" button at the bottom of the settings window. Here you can turn on and off the folders you want specifically synced, or chose to sync all folders. :smileyhappy:

I hope that is helpful.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: