Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
HamzaZ10
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telstra Australia

Re: Where are the sent mails - sync with IMAP

Okay I worked it out.

When I setup the email on my Z10 I must've not set it up as an Imap account, I must not have gone to the advanced tab in accounts and set up and IMAP for my email, I think it set it up as a pop by default.

Now I can see sent items on both my computer and Z10 and vice versa :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Because I had to setup my email account again, all my sent items on my Z10 are in my old configuration which I have to delete, is there anyway to copy these sent items to my new email folders, using file manager or something like that?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

That is quite interesting -- it is showing up on my server and thus is NOT local.   You SHOULD thus be able to see it on a Thunderbird client.

I know of no good way to move a LOCAL mailbox to an Imap client mailbox - they're likely entirely different formats.  My Imap server keeps things in MBOX format which is not a plain text file and as such you can't just copy things around -- you have to do it within the mail client or you'll blow up the folder format entirely.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Simonvetterli
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: AIS, Thailand

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have K9 loaded because I also want PGP capability, which (if you sideload APG first) you can obtain.  I have both it and the stock client pointed at the same mailbox.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.