Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
donb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Where is the Message Icon on the Home Screen?

I see that the Text Message Icon is there but I have an email account setup and functioning but I have to always to to the Hub to get to the messages.  I see Text Messages in the Hub but it also has the Text Message icon on the Home Screen.   I am just used to getting to my email from the Home Screen on my 9860.

Right now when I get an email, i have to do one swipe up to get to notification screen, one swipe up for home screen, swipe right for hub, then select my email account.  That's five steps just to check email.  Ugh.  I don't like that at all.

I don't want to leave the screen hanging open in the preview because it doesn't stay in the same place and also will close itself if the maximum amount of apps are displayed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Flyby
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Where is the Message Icon on the Home Screen?

from any screen at all: swipe up from the bottom and, without releasing, slide to the right.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
donb

[ Edited ]

Flyby wrote:

from any screen at all: swipe up from the bottom and, without releasing, slide to the right.

I don't like just using the Hub.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

You'll get used to it. Give it some time. It also helps that you don't really have a "choice" as the Hub is your email app. It might seem annoying at first, but after using it for a while you'll wonder how you did without it.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
donb

greggov wrote:

You'll get used to it. Give it some time. It also helps that you don't really have a "choice" as the Hub is your email app. It might seem annoying at first, but after using it for a while you'll wonder how you did without it.

ok i seem to be getting somewhat used to it slowly but surely..... but not because you said so.  haha.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ievansetech
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I did not know that.

Please use plain text.