Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
MaungLmm
My Device: Mexico 6 & Z10

Where is working Viber for z10?

I seriously need to get working viber app on my blackberry z10. If someone has .bar file of VIber, please kindly share me. Please be informed that Blackberry World is never working in my country.

Thanks.

Lmm

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Where is working Viber for z10?

Have you tried this...

http://blackberryempire.com/how-to-get-viber-working-on-blackberry-10/

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Trusted Contributor
ViberTeam
My Device: 9900

Hi!
This is a member of the Viber Team. 

We are currently working on a Viber version for you :smileyhappy: 

Please stay tuned!

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Viber Team

An official representative from Viber Media (Viber app.)
Developer
BBSJdev

The main question being how long is it going to take you to complete a version for BB10? :-)

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

ViberTeam wrote:

Hi!
This is a member of the Viber Team. 

We are currently working on a Viber version for you :smileyhappy: 

Please stay tuned!

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Viber Team

With all due respect that is not a very encouraging answer. I had over a year of ' we're working on it, coming soon ' from Viber when I had my Torch 9800 as my main device. I have had the wonderful Z10 since February and 8 months later we are no further forward.  Would you mind being a little more specific for example will it be this year or next?  Many here would really appreciate that. Thanks in advance for any information you can offer. 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
aksdee
My Device: Z10

Your team had promised to get viber on Z10 soon abtout 6 months back. But till todate we are not able to get the app on Z10.

Trusted Contributor
ViberTeam
My Device: 9900

Hey,

Unfortunately, our plans have changed in this regard. We are no longer planning a Viber version for BlackBerry 10. We would love to develop for all platforms and devices but we are unable to do so. 

Should this change, we will update you. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your support. 

Thanks,

Viber Team

An official representative from Viber Media (Viber app.)
Developer
BBSJdev

Thanks for answering that's very good of you if not the news those waiting for Viber wanted to hear.

Luckily since this question was posed, and for those looking for Viber, BlackBerry have improved their Android support and the Android version of Viber now works perfectly well on the latest BB10 OS.

Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

BBSJdev wrote:
Thanks for answering that's very good of you if not the news those waiting for Viber wanted to hear.

Luckily since this question was posed, and for those looking for Viber, BlackBerry have improved their Android support and the Android version of Viber now works perfectly well on the latest BB10 OS.

I guess Viber have broken a few hearts having announced that they will not be releasing their app for BlackBerry OS10 devices as previously promised but fear not. As BBSJdev correctly points out the Android version of Viber is available from various sources after the excellent OS 10.2.1 update to BlackBerry 10 devices. Personally I am cautious about where I will download apps from but I trust Amazon and last week I successfully downloaded Viber from their App Store. I actually deleted the App before trying it as I no longer have a need for Viber on my device preferring instead to use Skype and the ever-growing and fantastic BBM now available on several platforms. For those wanting the Viber App I have pasted a link below explaining how easily it is obtained via Amazon.

Bear in mind that although the door has been opened to many Andoid apps not yet available on BlackBerry World they may not work perfectly or as well as those designed for BlackBerry. Good Luck.

http://crackberry.com/how-get-android-apps-blackberry-amazon-appstore

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
New Contributor
jeyamanikandan
My Device: Z10

Yeah I need Viber on BlackBerry 10 please make it ASAP. I'm getting irritated about it