Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

White / static noise from the speaker whenever a sound is to be heard.

Hello to everyone! I'm a new proud owner of z10 or so I thought till a couple of hours ago. It's my first blackberry, therefore I'm a complete newbie. Since I am in Greece there is no greek phone number to call and find a solution, so, I registered and post.
The device plays static white noise (like fm radio) whenever some kind of sound is to be produced, be it the ring tone or the keystrokes or other sources. Apart from the obvious case of a faulty product, I would like to ask if anyone is aware of this as a usual problem that can be solved by downloading an update or a testing app. I have, already, factory wiped the phone and installed the latest updates.
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: White / static noise from the speaker whenever a sound is to be heard.

It sounds like the speaker is bad. Rare, but does happen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer. However, there must be something wrong with the wiring of the speaker (and maybe its controller), as well. I had it returned today. Not familiar with the U.S. Blackberry (or any country's) policies on such occasions and given the fact that there is no authorized nominee in Greece (the phone was imported by the store from Germany, go figure!) I would like to ask if I can check (by IMEI or PIN) whether the replacement phone is brand new or a refurbished one. Thank you in advance.

New Contributor

...And, if I, finally, end up with a new phone, should I let Blackberry (the company) know that my old PIN is no longer mine? (for security reasons)

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The device is usually warrantied by your wireless service provider and whether you get a refurb or a new unit is up to them, not BlackBerry.

As to the pin issue, no you need not do anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you, once more!

New Contributor

The phone was refunded and I 'm looking to buy a new one. Meanwhile, I had a suggestion by a kind connoisseur from greekberry.com. He proposed that, setting the audiofeedback off in "Display and Actions" of the browser's settings should do the trick. Not having the phone at the moment, I thought I 'd post it here, in case someone else had the issue discussed.

Guru I

My audio feedback is set to ON and I don't have that issue.
New Contributor

Well, he assured me that by doing this he got his, working properly. I haven't tried it myself, but even if I had, I would still return the phone. Seems unlikely for Blackberry to have included or forgotten to fix such a bug even after an update.

Nevertheless, I think that Greece or better, the shop owners, have imported, maybe, refurbished phones. The side of the box stating IMEI, PIN, etc. is covered with a sticker (Blackberry one) with two thirds of the information of what appears in pictures of boxes on the web. Moreover, half of them don't have the blackberry seal (the one with pseudo-3D letters), but just a same size tape. I 'll look into it some more.

Guru I

Refurbished units are always possible. However, the lack of the BB seal doesn't mean much. Many carriers open the package and include a sim card or other carrier documentation.