Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
TBeach558
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Why of why, did I stick with Blackberry??

I'm concluding that I should've listened more to what is being said generally in the market place as trying to switch from my previous Blackberry Bold 9700 to my new Z10 using Blackberry Link is a nightmare, just one issue after another it's ridiculous. My girlfriend recently switched seamlessly from a Sony model to a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 in about 10 minutes. So far, I've spend nearly two days on it, absolutely crazy!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Re: Why of why, did I stick with Blackberry??

Since we have no idea what you are talking about, hard to advise.  I switched over to the Z10 from a Motorola Android and did not experience IQ implosion.  Maybe your girl friend can give you a hand. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TBeach558

My laptop is recognising both my old and new handset via USB but the Blackberry Link app doesn't. The Blackberry Link instructions on the Z10 say when switching to connect the old phone first, while in total contradiction, the web instructions say connect the new phone first! I'm not alone as I've found this too: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/blackberry-link-not-recognizing-my-z10-through-usb-... 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TBeach558

Now Blackberry Link has just 'frozen' on my laptop - absolute pants. Blackberry, it shouldn't be so complicated just to transfer contacts and data from one device to another, there are obviously a lot of issues over this as you only need to Google the query to see it. I should've bought an iPhone!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Looks like there is a solution on that link, but it may not work for you.  Have to wait for someone here to help who has this issue.  Meanwhile, my wife has a 9xxx BBerry, if I get a chance I'll mess around with it on my computer. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TBeach558

OK, thank you.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fred98tj
My Device: Z10

Mine worked fine, no problem at all. I had a 9900 before (I've have the Z10 for over a month now). You attach the 9900 FIRST to copy all the data from it (obviously), then remove it and attach the Z10 and it copied everything just fine. No problem at all.

Fred

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TBeach558

Not sure how exactly but after doing various re-boots of my laptop, my old phone and the new one, it seems to have now worked ok. Thanks for your interest and coments but I still say this was much more complicated than it should've been. I'm reasonably computer literate but for those that aren't, this is something Blackberry definitely need to work on!

Please use plain text.