Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Wi-Fi cannot find hotspots

Updated to latest OS.

Apart from Blackberry ID coming up with a blank page we can now add that a wireless modem a foot away cannot be found. The Playbook and an iPod both attach easily, but the Z10 states that 'No networks are currently available.' 

Usually there are several that appear, or did. It is also impossible to add the modem's SSID and password and have it connect. The Z10 times out.

Could not connect at my local coffee house, or at a bar, my multi-screen football hang out (football as in round ball play), that has good quality wi-fi. 

Not good enough, is it?!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
paulbrandreth
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900, Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wi-Fi cannot find hotspots

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. I updated last night and I can't pick up any wifi signals. It says that wifi is on, and under the setting menu, under wifi, it says I am connected to my home network, but I actually have no signal or reception.

Very frustrating.  Any other saved networks won't work either. It says they are disabled...

Booo.

Sorry I can't help you. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

Paul

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Re: Wi-Fi cannot find hotspots

Strange, but I have just looked at the Z10 wi-fi, to find it had a list, and, after several tries it has accepted the password and I'm now connected to my DSL modem.

I had done nothing, but somehow the Z10 has woken up!

Please use plain text.