Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PB, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wi-Fi shows connected but can not browse

Failure to resolve this issue is one of the reasons I reluctantly ended up returning my Z10, leaving the BB platform altogether and getting a Droid RAZR.

Within 2 hours of getting the DROID, I was in business. albeit not with all the features I had come to rely on from BB.

However, the Z10 could not (and no one at BB or Crackberry seemed to have the solutions):

1)  connect to our office WiFi, although it would flawlessly connect to 2 WiFi networks I have at home as well as several other public WiFi networks (Starbucks, etc.).

2)  BB Link would never install completely - always would fail and "Rollback".  That - on a Toshiba Tecra running Win7 PRO (64 bit).  No meaningful help from BB.

3)  BB Bridge was severely limited with my Playbook compared to how it worked with my 9930 Bold.

I am extremely disappointed that, after hours and hours of trying, and many support forum posts, these issues could not be resolved.

Tried a Z10 - too many issues.
Now using a Q10. (BB Link still won't fully install.)
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Wi-Fi shows connected but can not browse

Jerry, what you said isn't true at all. My wifi is 802.11b, yet i couldn't browse the internet with my verizon bb9650. It successfully connected to the network, but wouldn't just browse. Other blackberry that are not from verizon could browse successfully with the network.