Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
TimLaLonde
My Device: BlackBerry PB, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Wi-Fi shows connected but can not browse

Failure to resolve this issue is one of the reasons I reluctantly ended up returning my Z10, leaving the BB platform altogether and getting a Droid RAZR.

Within 2 hours of getting the DROID, I was in business. albeit not with all the features I had come to rely on from BB.

However, the Z10 could not (and no one at BB or Crackberry seemed to have the solutions):

1)  connect to our office WiFi, although it would flawlessly connect to 2 WiFi networks I have at home as well as several other public WiFi networks (Starbucks, etc.).

2)  BB Link would never install completely - always would fail and "Rollback".  That - on a Toshiba Tecra running Win7 PRO (64 bit).  No meaningful help from BB.

3)  BB Bridge was severely limited with my Playbook compared to how it worked with my 9930 Bold.

I am extremely disappointed that, after hours and hours of trying, and many support forum posts, these issues could not be resolved.

Tried a Z10 - too many issues.
Now using a Q10. (BB Link still won't fully install.)
Please use plain text.
kehindekenneth
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Wi-Fi shows connected but can not browse

Jerry, what you said isn't true at all. My wifi is 802.11b, yet i couldn't browse the internet with my verizon bb9650. It successfully connected to the network, but wouldn't just browse. Other blackberry that are not from verizon could browse successfully with the network.

Please use plain text.