Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
21stNow
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Wi-Fi slow

Hello Vicious Ferret.  I hope that you can help me, as I am having a similar problem with a T-Mobile USA Z10.  I am running 10.0.10.85 and cannot connect to my work's Wi-fi network.  It is a 2.4GHz router, and I have set the phone to the 2.4MHz band. 

The Z10 sees the available network.  When I try to connect, I get the error message of "Attempt Failed".  I went back into the Connection screen and selected Advanced.  I checked the Hidden SSID setting and the Z10 connected to our network.  However, I get the error message of "Couldn't resolve the host name" when I actually try to use the internet.   The network uses WPA Personal security.

I also noticed that my OS version in the Advanced Wi-fi settings is 10.0.10.672

I alone have several non-BlackBerry devices that are connected to this network, as are my co-workers' non-BlackBerry 10 devices.  This device connects to my home Wi-fi network just fine.  I also have problems connecting to and maintaining the connection to my mobile hotspot on another phone.

Please help me resolve this issue.  This is the third Z10 that I have had this problem with, with the first two being unlocked phones from Rogers in Canada.  I have tried three devices from two different countries and cannot get satisfactory Wi-fi performance.

Developer
jerobarraco
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

Re: Wi-Fi slow

[ Edited ]

Im having the same issue and im really frustrated.

Not only the performance is bad, i loose connection all the time.

I never had any problem before, not even on my galaxy ace or my gf's bb curve 8520.

I tried EVERYTHING and nothing helped. Well except for setting the router to b/g (no N), using channel 11, and forcing the z10 to use 2.4GHz band.

I upgraded to os 10.2.0.424 (wich took more than 20 counted clock hours to download) and still the same issue.

Is nearly unusable. Only IM apps seem to resist the problem but either way they arent working good either.

And even if im near the router, the speed is not even respectable.

my router is this one: 

http://www.tp-link.com/ar/products/details/?model=TL-WR940N#down

and it has the latest firmware

One thing i may add. Today i spent the whole day (10 hours or more) trying to download "the sims free" (~500MiB) (and failing miserably). 

But then i started copying a lot of files (1.5GiB+) over samba (wifi sharing) to the device from my pc.

The transfer was nice, capping 600KiBps, though at some point it lost connectivity it was mostly fine. The weird part is that while i was copynig the files, the game downloaded pretty quit, almost at top speed for my wifi. 

The moment the copying was finished, the game download stopped again, until i started copying again.

http://screencloud.net/v/nESZ

http://screencloud.net/v/u2ok

~namida de as.hita ga mienai~