Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
smcewan65
My Device: Z10

WiFi Issues

I have searched the forums for similar problems but haven't found one yet.  My new Z10 connects to my home network which is working well with other devices.  In the diagnostics on the Z10 I can see that I have an IP address, the default gateway is correct, and all appears to be fine.  BUT I can't connect to the internet on the Z10 - browser, facebook, etc. does not work unless I turn off WiFi.  Neither does BBM.  No email comes in.  In one screen somewhere it said no network connection.  Oh, and it has worked a few times in the past few days but mostly hasn't.  

Anybody have any ideas?

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: WiFi Issues

Hello smcewan65

Welcome to the forums. 

Have a look at the following blog post which may help you out. 

Troubleshooting BlackBerry 10 Wi-Fi Issues

Let us know how you make out and if you need any additional help. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
smcewan65

Thanks smoth rider.  Been through all that.  It appears to be isolated to the one netgear WAP I have.  The two other access points don't seem to have a problem abd it connects and works fine at work (which happens to be on netgear access points as well).  The Z10 gets connected to the access point, acquires an IP address, and appears to be fine.  Then when I try and access the web - it just hangs.  The weather app that comes with the Z10 is the one that says no network connection.  It is a netgear WNAP210 and it is the main ap for my house and it works great with the other 3 blackberries (older torch/bold), iphones, macbooks, laptops, and the mac I'm on right now so it is isolated to the Z10.  I've tried changing the broadcast channel/frequency with no luck.

Contributor
21stNow
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

smcewan65, did you ever get a resolution to this problem?  I am experiencing the same thing with the same type of router.

New Contributor
smcewan65

No unfortunately not. My IT guy at work can't get it either so I connect to an alternate router in my home. Such a big time.