Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
kjbrand
My Device: Not Specified

WiFi calling status on home screen stuck

I turned off/deleted WiFi calling because I thought it was eating my battery alive :smileywink:

Now, I have a symbol on rhe home screen that WiFi calling is unable to connect to WiFi, I want it to just go away.  Is there any way to do that since I no longer have the WiFi icon for the app I deleted??

Thanks,

Kim

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Re: WiFi calling status on home screen stuck

[ Edited ]

I assume you are on T-Mo usa? If so -- just FYI -- if you use wifi-calling at your work place, home etc, (where you have a good wifi connection) you will use LESS battery if set for wifi-only, because your cell radio is shut off and the phone doesn't use power searching for cell reception. (I have been using it for years).

However, back to your question: removing the wifi-calling "app", does not remove wifi-calling from your phone. It's like an off/on switch -- like turning the lights on in your house and then removing the light switch. Your best bet is to reload the app, and then be sure it's OFF. That can be tricky. The app is available on BBWorld, but can be difficult to locate. If you sign on with a t-mo phone it should be there. Also you can reload the current t-mo OS, using link, and it should reappear. Perhaps (long shot) you can check for a software update and see if it reloads.

Please use plain text.