Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
mike225
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

WiFi vs Mobile Data Usage with phone

So, I'm looking to move from my Storm2 to a Z10 and the one thing holding me back at the moment is that I will lose my unlimited data plan with Verizon if I make the switch.

Admittedly I only use less that 0.5 GB a month currently and I have WiFi at my normal locations.

My question is whether it uses the WiFi properly or as a primary link because I know that the Storm2 does not.

Before I get some defender of BB here, my simple test is a website which is only available through my intranet.  When I'm hooked up with everything on an connected I cannot reach this site but when I turn off Mobile service and have only WiFi on, the website works fine.  This would tell me that the system defaults to mobil and I cannot see where it would use wifi except when signal drops out.

So, before I could move to a phone where I fully expect to use more of my data plan I would need to know that it actually defaults to wifi when available.

I apprecaite the help,

Mike

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tickerguy
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: WiFi vs Mobile Data Usage with phone

It does.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mike225
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: WiFi vs Mobile Data Usage with phone

Thanks.

Please use plain text.