Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Wifi connection isn't working on my z10

Although my z10 says it's connected to my home Wifi, there's no Internet connection. It works fine at work and use to work at home until a couple of weeks ago. This problem coincided with upgrading to the latest OS.
Contributor
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Wifi connection isn't working on my z10

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem and its a pain in the {REMOVED}.
You have to remember to turn wi-fi off and on again for it to work when before the last update it worked fine right?

I have the same problem and NOBODY has or can provide you a solution.

Stuff like this makes me wish I never got the new BB I sholdve stayed with my Torch or gotten an Iphone or Samsung.

They have by far less issues than with the BB has.

I'm onto my 2nd Z10 as the rfirst one used to turn itself off randomly about 4-5 times per day.

If i didnt keep checking my phone every 5 mins i wouldnt know if it was on or off.

Awesome trick BB, great work.
Yes that is sarcasm because we support you yet you dont support the people who keep you in business the users.

Mod Edit: Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

New Contributor

If I understand your message, you're suggesting turning the Wifi off and on after updating the software. I've tried that a couple of times, as well as deleting my Wifi account on the phone and restarting it again. That didn't help either. It's all very odd because the phone works fine at work or anyother Wifi.

I'm new to these forums, doesn't anyone from Blackberry look at these issues and provide answers? Perhaps it's a compatibility issue with my router?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I don't think the problem is with your phone, but with your home router. It's probably something to do with your firewall. The fact that your phone is working on other wi-fi networks suggests to me that the phone is working perfectly...
New Contributor

This was a good clue. The problem was actually that the setting for the security type of my home router had changed on the phone. Not sure why, but I suspect it occurred with the OS upgrade as I also had to reset some of my email passwords. Thanks, the Wifi is back working.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Funnily enough, I updated my phone's OS s/w last night and had exactly the same issue... and can confirm that all is okay after a full set of password resets.