Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Telekom
Accepted Solution

Wifi not reconnecting

Hello,

2 Z10s (10.1.0.4181 - 10.1.0.4633) on different locations with 2 Fritz!box 7390 on 5Ghz with firmware 5.50. Worked a long time, then maybe 2-3 weeks ago problems started. Tablets are not affected so I suppose its our Z10s fault.

WiFi works, then I leave the location. After returning the connection wont get reestablished. No WiFi Network shown, turning WiFi on and off on the Phone will get me connected again but I dont think manual intervention is a solution. Any Ideas whats going on?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Wifi not reconnecting

Does your phone have a lot of wifi-profiles memorized? If so, clearing them may help.
Contributor

already did that. Right now only those two profiles plus one hotelwifi from the weekend...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BELL

This happened with my wife's Q10 on our home internet. I'm not sure if you have the following option, but I changed the security protocol from WPA to WEP on the router, and that did the trick.  Good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor

I´m very unhappy to broadcast my SSID all the time because an old android needs that. Changing to unsecure WEP is definitely not an option.

I deleted my WiFi-Network on the Z10 and set it up again. Nothing. Even tried to switch from 5 GHz to 2,5 GHz. Again no autoreconnect.

I also noticed that sometimes no other networks are showing. After switching off and on my neighbours networks are shown again. But on other times not reconnecting my Z10 shows some of them and after switching off and on there are 2-3 more. Their power is low, so I´m not sure its a rangeproblem.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv STV100-4
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi Guys, Once you have reconnected, try going into System Settings/Network Connections/Wi-Fi/Saved/ click on the Wi-Fi service that is showing as 'Connected', and then click on Hidden SSID so that it is ON. Then click on Connect. It should be OK after that, I found that the Wi-Fi reconnects automatically then. If that works, then repeat the above process for all the Wi-Fi services that you have in 'Saved'. Good luck!
Contributor

Problem solved. Not sure how.

Did an update to 6.0 on the AVM-Routes. Major Update on the Z10s. Realised shortly after that its working again.