Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Murtaza79
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Telenor

Wifi of blackberry z10 disconnecting and disabling router

blackberry z10 so the blackberry disappointed me a lot. I am first time using this device but now willing to sell it. It's wifi sucks . I also have Iphone and iPad and laptop always connected with the router and working so properly but when I connect blacberry z10 with the router it hardly works for 1to 3 minutes and then disconnects automatically not only this it also breaks router connection or makes router stop working until I switch my blackberry wifi off and restart my router . I have read all discussions about wifi problem of z10 . Blackberry RIM are making people fool that they give different answer to them who are having same problem. Even I have discuss this problem with the nearby people who are using it they all are grappling with same issue.Simply give me answer that why other brands like Samsung and Apple iphone don't cause such stupid problems for customers. Why it's happening with blackberry . Why don't blackberry and RIM explicitly accept their fault and fix this issue otherwise there are so many brands out there ready to make the blackberry a history . I am help less that even no one is there to buy it
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Wifi of blackberry z10 disconnecting and disabling router

Hmmm...I have two Z10's and a Z30 connected to my wifi router and have no issues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Murtaza79

Then u would be the only one in the whole world or you might not be meticulous enough. Otherwise there are so many complains in the forum talking about the same issue **bleep** them off
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Forums are only a small portion of the total users and nobody ever posts that their device is working perfectly. I know dozens of Z10/Z30/Q10 users all connected to wifi networks and have heard only one person mention any wifi issues like you describe.

Have you tried a manual IP assignment? I've use manual IP's on my BlackBerry devices since the very first wifi BlackBerry came out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Murtaza79

Pls tell me how to assign
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Murtaza79

Plz guide me to assign manualIP
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Here's how I do it:

Go to Settings >Network and Connections >Wifi.

Click on Advanced at the bottom.

In the dropdown arrow choose Internet Connection.  Write down the settings you see.

Now hit the back arrow one time.

At the bottom tap on "Saved."

In the list click on the network you're connected to (you will only want to do this for a network you control like at home.)

Scroll down and change "Auto Obtain IP" to "Off."

From the information you wrote down from above enter the following:

IP Address

Subnet Mask

Primary DNS (personally, I just use my default gateway address here and then it will use whatever the router has set.)

Secondary DNS (I leave this blank but if you use the settings from above you can enter here if it was listed above.)

Default Gateway

Turn on Inter-Access point Handover.

Click Connect.

Please use plain text.