Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Will BB 10 Active Sync limit be max 30 days?

I'm hoping that someone can step in and give me a "Heck no" on this. I've poured through all the BB 10 video demos (official and unofficial) and posts that I can find and haven't found an answer. There's plenty about the Hub, Peek & Flow, but no under the hood info.

I need to be able to reference email about long-term projects from my device - up to a year back, in some cases. Currently, I have "leave messages on device" set to forever, and delete manually. I also use a combination of the"search remotely" and LogicMail to fill in any gaps. If the ActiveSync limit remains the same as on the Playbook with the 30 day maximum, I'll be in for a very tough decision. After 6 BB's, I want a BB10 device (badly), but may have to switch to another brand to enjoy the full ActiveSync results that other brands have had for a while.

Can anyone shed some light on the subject? ~ecm

New Contributor
kingmo458
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Will BB 10 Active Sync limit be max 30 days?

I have the same issue, don't know what make them not letting BlackBerry users to Sync all emails, that is just ridiculous, when I was using the BIS you be able to sync all why changes it?
Windows phone, android phone and iPhone can sync all why can't BB?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I got my Z10 on February 5th.  I have emails from back then that I did not remove.

This is the way I see it:

The email accounts can be set up as POP accounts. This way the email will only be deleted in the ISP server if it is deleted in the phone.

In the email set-up for each account you can set the time for polling the ISP email server for new email. I have mine set for 30 minutes.

If you remove the email message on your ISP email service account, the message should be removed in the phone. So-far, as long as I left emails on my ISP email service account they never dissapeared on the phone.

As for owning a Z10 or a Q10, this is a terrific quality built phone. It is Canadian innovated and Canadian designed. Once you get used to using this phone, if you are very strong for doing emails and messages you will love the sliding desktop panel for retrieving emails. You can confure it for which accounts you want to show, or hide benieth it. The show area is called the HUB.

At first I was thinking it would be good to have a master HUB  and individual icons to click on. After using the phone for a few hours I saw the new BB HUB system for this type of thing is far superiour. 

There are many things about this phone that I am very happy with. I use it for long periods of time for my job.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,841
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kingmo458, personnel within RIM have mentioned that a longer than 30 day active sync window will be coming in a future upgrade. I don't know when.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Yes, it is 30 days only (even with BES). Blackberry has just published a KB article on this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33742
Please use plain text.