Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook

Re: With a very heavy heart I've returned my Z10 to the shop

I agree. I am also business user and i too is very upset about the bridge. But I think I know why it's not fully functional. Because the PlayBook is not running B10 yet. I have a friend who knows a developer at BlackBerry and he said that they all are running BlackBerry 10 on their play books, so let's hope the update will solve that. It is just the question - when will the update be released
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

PCRescueSJ wrote:

Mobile sites are not an option for me.

Please explain why mobile sites don't work for you.. I'd love to hear some expanation as to how the yellow pages mobile site does not work. :smileywink:

I might eventually go back to BB10 but I have a business to run. And I run all aspects of it by myself.

I run two business myself as well, and I am finding this phone quite capable of dealing with what I need. I do deal a lot with China and I am patiently waiting for Skype to get here.. It would be most helpful with communicating with the Chinese.

It should be all about integration and seamless use.

Totally agreed.. the integration into the hub for many of these apps would be amazing, but at the same time, most of these apps you are asking for as simply stand alone apps, which don't offer any integration anyway. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
PCRescueSJ

Mobile sites as a "Patch" turns into extra time reentering info. I just get really disappointed when I feel this phone was a step back for the fast pace and work flow I have. Again maybe once it matures and maybe once q10 arrives. After a serious try I still long for a real keyboard. :smileytongue:
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

Yeah same here. I can't wait for the q10
Contributor
PCRescueSJ

Well bb10 is still qnx under the hood. So as far as I am concerned the z10 should have talked to the PlayBook which is still qnx under the hood. As I saw mentioned elsewhere think of bb10 as PlayBook 3.0

And call me a total nut but the 4g PlayBook should have had the ability to make voice calls via a bt headset. Perfect Samsung note 2 killer.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ

Poynt integrated fantastic with OS7..... like I said if I missed a call I could just bring up the menu from the call list and do a reverse lookup. There is also no reason that BlackBerry should not have tied the yellow pages and white pages api functionality directly into the os.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

PCRescueSJ wrote:
 After a serious try I still long for a real keyboard. :smileytongue:

Then you never gave this keyboard a chance. :smileywink: It is simply AMAZING. I can type twice as fast on it as any other keyboard I have every had on a Blackberry (and I've had lots!) Once you train it a few times by flicking the words you want up... forget the flicks and hammer away as fast as you can. You won't be editing much, and it will look like gobbeldygook until you hit the spacebar, and then whammo, you realize that it is reading your mind. :smileyvery-happy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I agree. I type faster on the z10 than on my old BlackBerry 9900, but I still want to get the q10. To try it out. As I think the word prediction on it will be the same as on z10
Contributor
PCRescueSJ

I didn't say I wasn't impressed with the keyboard. The prediction is quite good. But for single handed typing I do not have that same secure hold on the phone with one hand. And maybe I just such at typing. :smileyhappy:

Still going to reactivate my curve 9320 in the meantime. another issue to reiterate is also the battery life relating to real world talk time.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ

I typed Suck. It got corrected when I hit the spacebar.