Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
copperoak
My Device: 8700 Series, 8130 Pearl, 9700 Bold, 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Work Email setup on Z10

And am uncertain if Androids are allowed to connect but there are quite a few around, so possibly.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

sherifali wrote:

Dear Arsen,

i have tried below steps but still cant compleat the setup.

i have choosen Work Account

description -- blank

domain - blank

usernae - sherif

email address - sherif@companyname@ae.

passwor - xxxxx

server address - pop.companyname.ae

port - 995

ssl off

smtp username  sherif

password - xxxxx

server address - smtp.compnayname.ae

smtip port 465

Sherif,

Have you tried to use none SSL on the SMTP server .. It should default to port 25 when you turn off the smtp server. Do you have internet access from home? If so you can google the smtp server for your provider at home and plug in that as your smtp server, and plug in the userid and password that you use for that account. This is what I had to do to get it to work until I changed my personal mail server from port 25 to 26 to bypass the stupid blockage.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sherifali
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Du

Our IT do not support for BB set up. I was using on BB9790 without these settings. Only url was required which is  https:\\webmail.mycompanyname/Exchange

We are working ms office outlook in office (imap) and from home we can open through webmail.

Is there is any way to find out these settings because without company mail BB10 will lose for me.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Sherifali

Have you spoken to your IT department about ActiveSync or the settings needed to setup your email on your phone? 

The new BB10 phones do not support BIS and therefore do not allow Outlook Web Access email to be setup. (BIS logged into OWA for you and pushed your email to your phone). 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sherifali

i have tried that as well. actually my company outlook setting dont show the imcoming and outgoing server address.

these setup are fully automated. if i login in any of of the pc all setup is automattically will finish.

so that door also closed..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sherifali

Jamead.

my company never support for mobile devices.

can you tell me how to setup the active sync in BB10

thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

If your company does not support mobile devices then you are likely out of luck.

They need to provide you the settings in order for you to be able to setup your phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sherifali

Jamead,

since one year i  was receiving emails on bb9790. suddently its got stuck. that is am searching the all the ways...to restore it.

thanks for your reply..

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

As I mentioned previously, setting up email via Outlook Web Access is not possible with the new Blackberrys. Only the older devices which use BIS have this ability.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Eng_hals
My Carrier: STC

Hello Gents I am facing same problem with my new BB10 and can not access my work email through web mail although that I can get it through my old BB torch 9800 , my colleague have IPhone and android and they can access it smoothly also I can access it through my IPAD but I am fancy with BB but I am so upset that I can not use my new BB10 , I tried Active sync POP and IMAP and contact my work IT help desk and give me some other server address but still can not access it so can I find help
Please use plain text.