Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
tomcatuk
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Work Mode

Hello all,

I have been watching the videos on changing mode from personal to work. However when scroll down as shown in the video's noting happens. I can get the buttons to show up to change mode. Is there anything I have to do to make this work?

Many thanks in advance

Pete

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

Re: Work Mode

Good day,

Are you on BES 10? I believe BlackBerry Balance is incorporated into BES 10 without which I am not sure it will work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tomcatuk

Thanks for the reply,

I am on software version 10.0.9.348 which is the latest. Just got the phone yesterday. This feature is what they keep showing off on the z10 phone and one reason why I got it.

Just dont understand why its not working :-(

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

On their website it says, BlackBerry balance will be available with:

1. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

2. BlackBerry Enterprise Server

3. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express

Let's hope they change to allow different profile creation for small companies or sole proprietors.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tomcatuk

thanks for the reply,

Im a new Blackberry user so forgive me for being stupid. I take it that you have to purchase the software to make the different modes work?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

the balance mode will be enforced if you link your Z10 to a corporate BlackBerry server.

the work mode in Balance will restrict your device.

Please note that the Balance thing is not about having two personal profiles for you. It is on one hand, your personal device, where you can do whatever you want, and on the other hand, a corporate section with all the corporate restrictions (for example you will NOT be able to copy/paste from one app in one mode to one app in the other mode).

From a general perspective, the Balance feature is useless, except if you are a user that does BYOD (= you accept to have your company enforce restriction on your personal phone).

Balance is about how to deal with corporate restrictions.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tomcatuk

Thanks for the info.

All that I want it for really is to have a seperate contacts for work and also with the images and email. Nothing more.. No restrictions its just for me to personally keep them seperate.

Cheers

Pete

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

ok. Balance is not the solution to your need. Do you have an idea on how you want those separate? Do you have an example on other smartphones or PC ?

about the contacts, as far as I know you are able to filter by email address. So if you have one personal address and one pro address, you can filter to see the contacts for personal or for pro.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.