Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
josephono
My Carrier: Rogers

Work email - error code 403

Wondering if anyone can enlighten me about this error,  which apparently is preventing the setup of my work email account. I checked with both work IT and my service provider technical support and no one was capable of resolving the issue. I was previously connected with my Bold. I still have it and maybe i should go back to it. The full statement, after I make the relevant entries with my Z10 account set up function, is as follows: "service for account (my work email address) is not available. Access should be available soon. (Error code: 403)"  Any advice would be welcome.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
acnst
My Carrier: Telekom.de - Vodafone.de

Re: Work email - error code 403

What protocols does your work email server support? IMAP? POP3? Active Sync? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This KB might be relevant:

• KB31297 Error Code: 403 "Access should be available soon" when trying to add an Active Sync account to the BlackBerry PlayBook

While written for the PB, the implementation of ActiveSync for PB and BB10 are, as far as I've so far discovered, largely the same...so, it may be that the information in that KB will also apply to your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Carrier: Rogefs

Good Luck, i just went through the same thing today. I own my own company and wanted to get BlackBerry. Balance setup on my z10 I setup a Microsoft Exchange server and bes with Network Solutions  and after a complete day of screwing around I paid all this money and now I had to have everything deleted because I had no mail at all.

Please use plain text.
eddvaughan
My Carrier: 02

Hi

Here is something that con can look at that will cause this error.

If you have switched devices a lot you could get this error associated with "Exchange" basically because you have already associated 10 devices with Outlook

To check this or to solve this, log into OWA (outlook web access) under options click "all options" then select "phones"  and you should see a list of past and present devices, this list does not seem to clear itself.

Select the devices that you no longer require and then try setup your device again

Hope that this helps

Edward

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
katonym
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I had trouble setting up my work email. Issue for me was that my Wifi was on and connected to the server. Turn off wifi and try with phone network :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Visitor
tyakel
My Carrier: Rogers

Just had this problem in our environment.

We have a script that disables activesync.  Unless you are removed from the restricted AD group "noactivesync"

I removed this user from being a member of the "noactivesync" OU.  And normally this should have enabled activesync on the account.

I double checked the mailbox features tab in the EMC and low and behold activesynce was still sitting at "disabled"

I enabled activesync via the EMC and retried setting up the phone.... SUCCESS.

Hope this helps you guys.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diwaker33
My Carrier: Vodafone - INDIA

Dear BB team,

As per subjected line issue, i've already researched a lot on forums and i coundn't find ANY convincing resolution to the problem - Access should be available soon error 403.

MS active sync is ENABLED with all the desired protocols and it is surprising for me that new BB OS is having this bug or no proper resolution. I'm using BB from past 4 years and was a very happy customer and was very exicted BB Q5, however, it's battery life, not being user friendly and specially Email confugration has disappointed me a lot and i'm sure others will also agree to this.

Can i please expect a promising answer to this MS active sync issue ? :smileyfrustrated:

Thanks,
DG
Please use plain text.