Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JonathanL
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Work : "your device is not connected to a network", but Personnal is OK

Good day all,

We have a BDS server working with IBM's Traveler.

We have 1 user that, since this morning, can't receive any email.

After looking around on the Traveler and BDS servers, we couldn't find any obvious error.

On the phone, we can see that the Internet/Personnal workspace work perfectly.

But the BES "Account" is in status "Not connected" and when we enter in it to review the configs, we get the red message "Your device is not connected to a network. Connect to a network and try again".

Which is, of course, totally wrong as the Personnal data works and his other, personnal accounts are working fine as well.

Device in on 10.1.

We triied the following (none helped) :

-> Stop / start the data on the device.

-> Stop the data + mobile network >>> start them both

-> Reboot the phone

-> Go in airplane mode > back to normal.

We triied to reproduce the problem with 2 other phones : both are working fine. So only 1 phone has the issue.

The BES server shows that, since the issue began,  we get this :

<#03>[30371] (05/23 11:35:39.365):{0xAD4} {John Smith} Packet cancelled locally, Tag=1520726

We consider deleting/recreating the account a last resort and want to explore other solutions first to build our knowledge database..... but we are kind of out of ideas here !

Any suggestions ?

Thanks a lot !

Jonathan

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Work : "your device is not connected to a network", but Personnal is OK

do you have the BlackBerry logo next to your connection?

if not then do a batterypull while device is on and see if it comes back

happened two times with me

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
JonathanL

I sent those instructions to the user, I'll report the result as soon as I can.
New Contributor
JonathanL

It's a no-go. Battery pull did not help........ !!!  :Surrender:

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

does the user have the blackberry logo next to the signal strenth indicator?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
JonathanL

User confirms to me that it wasn't there before but...... funny story.... now it is there and everything is fine.

Apparently the battery pullfixed it... but like... 5+++ minutes after rebooting.

Do we have any idea WHY this happens ? Anyting we can do to prevent ?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

my guess is that the LTE protocol isnt perfected yet. I have seen it on other patforms as well.

ccsmith1
My Device: Q10

Hi, I am getting the same error message on my Q10 and a Z10 as well, all the mail settings for the traveller server are correct, the workspace profile is created but once I enter my password for the mail to sync I get this error.

I've changed my internet password on my Lotus Notes mail file to something less complex just in case this was the issue but no luck, still can not activate email and calendar on a company device.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks

New Developer
satej_neel
My Device: 9520 Storm2

Dear Sir,

Can you help me also in this regards. I am also facing the same problem.

I have got a Verizon Z10 which is unlocked for GSM. I am using it in India on Airtel. My Airtel sim works on other phones very well and also has a valid data plan. But when inserted in Verizon Z10 it works only for Voice and text. The H+ is not constant at all. It continuously toggles from h+ to H+. When on wifi it works perfectly fine.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thannks & Regards,

Satej

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

satej_neel wrote:

Dear Sir,

Can you help me also in this regards. I am also facing the same problem.

I have got a Verizon Z10 which is unlocked for GSM. I am using it in India on Airtel. My Airtel sim works on other phones very well and also has a valid data plan. But when inserted in Verizon Z10 it works only for Voice and text. The H+ is not constant at all. It continuously toggles from h+ to H+. When on wifi it works perfectly fine.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thannks & Regards,

Satej

This is a common issue when you buy a phone and dont know what will work on what. A Verizon Z10 is not the best device to use for GSM as it is a CDMA based device. You would be better off with a AT&T model that will support your carriers 3g bands