Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: z10

Worst upgrade/switching system ever

wow is all i can say, Blackberry have finally made the worst system for switching phones.  I had a 9900 which i decided to upgrade to the amazingly new and fabulous Z10.  So let me start with the problems,

Firstly i decided to do the switch through media card, only to have many failures, after maybe six or seven tries and always freezing at 9% i decided to try desktop software switch.

Plugged in my 9900 to my mac, and always got to almost the end, then i had a communication failure, again after several tries, switch to a PC, again i had the same problem, so what i now did is i did advanced back up and started selecting each category and backing up, until finally i got stuck on social feeds, so i removed social feeds and all worked out well.

Now once i started the switch process, and it finally decided to finish, i now was asked to plug in my new device, only to be told..."u have to upgrade to the all new bb link software."

So there i go downloading the new software for my mac and my pc.  Once i installed it, i plugged in the 9900 and again removed social feeds, then was asked to plug in my new phone, which to my surprise, failed as my z10 was not detected.

I know decided to try on my mac, finally i was successful in switching after almost 7 hours of the worst time in my life.

I have now sold my BB never to go back...

Thank you for such a wonderful and time wasting experience.