Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Would really like to get a Z10

I have been using smartphones for a long time, and always had full touchscreen devices, so I never had a blackberry, almost got the Storm, but didn`t like the way it worked.

When I heard that I could get the Z10 without switching from my smartphone data plan, I was delighted.  

Last week, I decided to go to the Bell store and buy the phone, but before I bought it, I tried inserting my microSIM card into the store`s demo device, and saw that there was no mobile data.  The phone worked for voice and SMS, but data was unavailable and the APN was set to blackberry.net and I was unable to change it.

Is this something that is going to be changed, will I be able to get an unlocked Z10 or other BB10 device in the future that will allow me to change the APN?

I really want the Z10, but can't give up my current plan just for the device...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Would really like to get a Z10

On the BELL system with the Z10, the BELL service people have to make some changes to the Blackberry plan. The Blackberry plan itself is different than the standard smart phone plans. The programing for your SIM card will have to be changed to work with the Z10.

I have a Z10 since the first day it came out. We bought two of them. They work well. We like this phone very much. More of my friends and family will be getting this phone.

Jerry G.