Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Yahoo msg seems to timeout when I'm on chat

Yahoo messenger seems to "timeout" or something when I'm chatting with a friend. The app keeps kicking me out saying "my account is locked, please try again later". I can immediately log back in just fine and continue my chat, but it does it often. My friend chats with "invisible" status (which was never a problem before) and it seems if she doesn't continue to post  (maybe within 30 seconds or so) is when I seem to get kicked out of the app completely. My friend is on the other side of the world, so sometimes there is a delay in the response and it seems that yahoo is not happy with that.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Fred

Retired
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Yahoo msg seems to timeout when I'm on chat

Hi Fred98tj,

Thanks for the question.

Does this issue only occur when you are interacting with this one particular user? Also, when did this issue

begin occurring on the Yahoo! Messenger application?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

-TheSen

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

I've had the Z10 for about a week now. At first I was just using it at home, testing and learning it, over wifi only. I had set up a "dummy" yahoo account and logged into that with the Z10 and then logged into my regular yahoo account on the PC and was chatting with myself for maybe 45 minutes total, off and on. I just wanted to get used to the keyboard and such. I had no problems then, however I was replying quickly, both from the Z10 and my PC.

Two days ago ( is when I started using the Z10 "for real", with a SIM card) and it's when I tried Yahoo Msg on the Z10 "for real" with a friend who is in asia and I experienced the problem. Seems if she didn't respond "quickly enough" I would get kicked out with the message "Your account has been temporally locked. Please try again later". I could immediately log back in and everything worked fine. Sometimes, because of connections I assume, the "chat" is delayed a little or I get her messages in a group (and she mine also) . This is nothing new, just bad connection in asia I think.

I have since deleted YM from the Z10 and re-installed it, however I haven't had a chance to try it again with this person. I will probaby get a chance tonight or tomorrow morning and I'll update with what happens here.

I don't know if it matters, however the first install would always open up with my "dummy" account name in the "usename" field, so I would change that and then log in.

I have since deleted that dummy email and chat account from the phone. This was right before I deleted YM from the phone and reinstalled it.

Now when I start YM, it shows my "real" account name in the user field.\

I did find a post somewhere last night, when I was googling this issue, that didn't really seem related. It said if you have trouble logging in with YM, make sure you do not check the "remember password" box. I did have it checked before when I was experiencing the problem. I no longer do now.

Thanks again,

Fred

Super Contributor

this happens to me also but it takes several minutes to occur.  it seems like an idle time out or something.  only happens when no typing occurs over an extended period of time.

Super Contributor

Fred98tj wrote:

Yahoo messenger seems to "timeout" or something when I'm chatting with a friend. The app keeps kicking me out saying "my account is locked, please try again later". I can immediately log back in just fine and continue my chat, but it does it often. My friend chats with "invisible" status (which was never a problem before) and it seems if she doesn't continue to post  (maybe within 30 seconds or so) is when I seem to get kicked out of the app completely. My friend is on the other side of the world, so sometimes there is a delay in the response and it seems that yahoo is not happy with that.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Fred

now mine is doing the exact same as yours just today.  dang it.  locks out within thirty seconds of being idle.  weird.

Regular Contributor

Was your ym chat working ok before today ?

Thanks,

Fred

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: china mobile

can i send, get email without bis

i can not use my blackberry bold 9900 in china because in my city no bis, i cant get, send email and internet is always lost. there is have an update or something else? please help me!
Super Contributor

Fred98tj wrote:

Was your ym chat working ok before today ?

Thanks,

Fred

yep.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Does the YM chat drop out if you are on WiFi or just when you are on the AT&T network? Or does happen regardless of network connection?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Regular Contributor

I can't say with certainly. When I was "testing" my Z10 (before I actually switched over using it, ie adding a SIM card), I was just hooked up via my wifi at home to my internet provider (not my phone service provider) and, as I already mentioned, I was chatting with "myself" on my PC and answering right away, from both the PC side and the Z10 side and I did not see the problem. I only saw it when I was chatting with my friend overseas (and I was on my phone network then, ie had a SIM card installed). I've only had one chance to chat with her a few days ago, they are having power and network problems right now.

I'll try and play a little more in the next day or so, chatting with "myself" on the PC and the Z10 (on wifi) and see if I can cause the problem by not responding on my PC side.

As soon as I can chat with my friend again (should be in the next day or so), I'll update here.

Thanks,

Fred