Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Yahoo msg seems to timeout when I'm on chat

When you are able to chat with her again, turn on airplane mode on your Z10 then turn on just the WiFi. This ensures you are only connecting over WiFi. Then see if it happens again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Update, this morning I was able to contact my friend again and chat. Her power and network were back on. I was using my Z10 exactly as I was a few days ago, through my phone provider (AT&T) and not on wifi, just like I was when I originally experienced the described problem.

No problem at all today. Everything worked perfectly fine. No "time out" or whatever issues, no getting kicked out of Yahoo Chat with "your account has been locked, try again later". No problem at all.

So I'm not really sure what happened, but I will update here again if the problem re-appears at some point.

Thanks,

Fred

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Possible it was network issue on AT&T's side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Fred98tj wrote:

Update, this morning I was able to contact my friend again and chat. Her power and network were back on. I was using my Z10 exactly as I was a few days ago, through my phone provider (AT&T) and not on wifi, just like I was when I originally experienced the described problem.

No problem at all today. Everything worked perfectly fine. No "time out" or whatever issues, no getting kicked out of Yahoo Chat with "your account has been locked, try again later". No problem at all.

So I'm not really sure what happened, but I will update here again if the problem re-appears at some point.

Thanks,

Fred

when mine was acting up just like your's, i noticed that i was using my carrier's network and had wifi turned off.  i connected to wifi and was back to the timeout happening after an hour or so of idle time.  i have been needing to turn off wifi because of the smtp issue that i am hoping 10.1 will have fixed whenever 10.1 decides to be released by the carrirer.