Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

X3T
New Contributor
X3T
My Device: Not Specified

Yellow screen tint

camera broke on my Z10, so I was sent a replacement before having to send back the original. I set everything up on the new one and noticed the screen looked a little odd. So I put both phones next to each other on the same brightness setting and noticed the new one was considerably yellower than the original one!

It's most noticable on the white backgrounds. Black text on white backgrounds doesn't look as sharp either. Is this a fault or are the new phones coming with a different screen type? As I much prefer the brighter whites of the original.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Yellow screen tint

This feature depends on the OS version installed on the device but is there a White Balance adjustment where the screen brightness setting is? Again, this feature depends on what OS version you have so you may not have it. If it's not there then there is no adjusting it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
X3T
New Contributor
X3T
My Device: Not Specified

There is not. I believe this is a new feature in OS 10.2.1 only

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yeah, I don't recall when it was added as I've changed OS's so many times. There is really nothing you can do about it then. What I've noticed over the years is that every device display is slightly different. You can talk to your carrier about it but I doubt you're going to get far with that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!