Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
rblaa
My Carrier: Bell

Youtube video corrupts Z10's video playback

I was playing this video on my Z10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jLxZlwxOdd0#!

After about an hour I got this error:

There was an error receiving video data.

The server may have stopped sending.

Please try to restart the video or check

your network connection.

So far no big deal. However when I tried to replay the video everything was wierd, the browser could be hung on youtube pages, I was not able to close the page. I could open new tabs, but anything with a video in it would be frozen.

Even worse, simply playing my stored videos would also no longer work. It was as if the very video engine of the phone was locked up.

I had to do a full restart of the phone to fix things. Browser restart would not work.

I replayed the video and the error happened a few more times, again I had to restart.

Note that I am running the latest OS, had not other apps running besides some emails in the hub.

Also, the video link above is not strictly the original video, it has been edited to remove an intro, but hopefully it contains the same characteristics that would help someone at BB to analyze things.

My goal here is to encourage a fix so that the video engine can recover, reset itself once a new video is played. It was weird the full effects of the problem, freezing browser pages, freezing the local video player app, etc.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants

Re: Youtube video corrupts Z10's video playback

Hi rblaa,

To clarify, are you getting the error after the video's been playing for an hour?  It appears the video is only 40 minutes in length so I'm a little confused.

When you encounter the issue, are you connected to a Wi-Fi network or to the Mobile Network?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rblaa
My Carrier: Bell

Well, the video has been edited, so it is shorter now. It was originally longer. I also could be wrong about waiting an hour, I was playing for a while, probably at least 30 minutes.

Once it happened, after a phone restart it happened again every few minutes.

My sense is that there is something with the video that caused an error, but then the Z10 could not recover properly.

I was accessing from Wifi.

I was really trying to find the original link, but it looks like it got replaced.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

To force a program to fully close and leave no open resources, push and hold the X in the active frame tile until the program closes.

This is not a resolution to your initial issue with the YouTube video, but it should fully close the browser so that it isn't locked up.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.