Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Z-10 Making & Answering calls while device is locked

The ability to make phone calls while locked is not present on the Z10 like it was on older BB devices. As for why it doesn't auto answer when removed from the holster I don't know. Are you sure the device is being turned off when inserted into the holster?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Milkman1
My Device: Blackberry Z-10

I can even turn it off manually before holstering it & it will do the same thing! I don't know,maybe the otterbox case has something to do with it! Im really disappointed with this Z10! I may just take the **bleep** thing back & just say the hell with Blackberry! Get a **bleep** I-Phone instead! Thanks for trying to help me John! Appreciate it!

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you do, send me the Z10. I could put it to good use!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Milkman1

LOL...Yeah, my son said the same thing! I spoke to a tech at BlackBerry & he thinks it is the Otterbox that is causing the answering issue! I think maybe I will get a bluetooth earbud or head set & then it won't matter that it's in the Otterbox! I like the added drop protection provided by the Otterbox vs some of BlackBerry's holsters, but the Otterbox does interfere with your gestures because it crowds the edge of the screen where your gestures need to begin!
Guru I
John_Clark

You would have to try it with a regular BB holster to see for sure on the auto answer. I tried it with mine and it works as its supposed to. It has to be the otterbox. Great accessories but they have been known to interfere.
Regular Contributor
sam81
My Device: PlayBook 32GB, Z10, Bold 9700, Pearl 8110

I had an OtterBox when I first got my Z. The magnet would NOT work properly and after some research it turns out the magnet function on the OB did not work on many of the them. I returned it and now have the Incipio Surface holster and all works perfect. Best Buy has a version of the holster but it is made by Incipio for Best Buy and works great also. A buddy has that version and no complaints
Contributor
Milkman1

Hey Sam,
I got in contact with Otterbox & they are sending me a new Defender series holster & case! The tech said they have made adjustments to the Defender so that it will work properly, so we'll see how it works once it shows up & I'll let you know if their upgrade did the trick!