If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Milkman1
My Device: Blackberry Z-10
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Z-10 Making & Answering calls while device is locked

I have my Z-10 password protected & set to answer calls when removed from the holster but it doesn't work the way it should! I still have to swipe down on the screen to answer the call and to make a call when the device is locked I have to enter the password! This is extremely inconvenient! Anyone have any suggestions other than removing the password protection?
Please use plain text.
Developer
SiddharthAjmera
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Idea

Re: Z-10 Making & Answering calls while device is locked

[ Edited ]

Have You performed all the steps given in this How To Section

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Milkman1

Yes, I have the phone set to answer calls when removed from case or holster! It will not automatically answer the call as it says it will! You have to swipe down on the screen after removing it from a case or holster in order to answer the call! Its very  inconvenient to have to do this just to answer the phone!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

what kind of holster are you using?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Milkman1

Im using an Otterbox !

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Does it have a magnet in it that puts the device to sleep when inserted in the holster? Without a sleep magnet the device has no idea whether its in a holster or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Milkman1

Yes! The holster has a magnet!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If you remove the password requirement does it answer calls properly?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Milkman1

Don't know! I'll try it & let you know,but I shouldn't have to do that! If so, Password protection is virtually useless!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Milkman1

No! Removing the Password makes no difference! 

Please use plain text.