Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
wnbb
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Z10 2-way sync with Outlook via Link

I purchased the Z10 a few months ago knowing 2-way sync with Outlook is not yet available but will be coming soon. Since then, i've checked regularly for Link/OS updates that provided 2-way syncing capability and realized yesterday one was available (i had updated OS to 10.1 a few days earlier). I downloaded version 1.1.1.32, connected my phone via USB and followed the instructions for configuration. Since by now my phone was the master record, i needed to do a 1-way sync to my PC first, so i configured Link that way.

I was successful in transferring all contacts to my PC, but  none of my calendar appointments transfered. Link showed "succesful sync", but no appointments appeared in Outlook even after several trials. I tried restarting Link and Outlook, changing the sync configuration to the last 30 days and future appointments only, changing the Outlook profile and various other things. Nothing. Any ideas?

I haven't tried a 2-way sync yet. I see others have had some problems with that as well, including duplicate records and no conflict resolution. Are these still issues in Link 1.1.1.32?

I've also read several posts about syncing tasks/notes, but i don't see that in the product documentation. Is that coming or is it already here?

I've also read several posts about using Active Sync instead of Link. Is that really possible? Active Sync did what everyone is complaining about quite well on my BB9700. If it's an option, why in the heck are we still goofing around with Link?

The other thing i'lll invariabley get to when i start doing 2-way syncs is field-mapping. I hated IOS because there was no such thing, whereas BB had it in Active Sync.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wnbb

Re: Z10 2-way sync with Outlook via Link

One other thing ...

Is it possible that my calender syncing problem has something to do with calender settings on the phone ("Local" vs. "BBLink" vs. "Facebook")?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wnbb

I just realized i now have a new "account" for calender appointments called BBLink (myPC) on the Z10. Apparently, this was created by Link for syncing purposes and this is what has been syncing with the PC. It has nothing in it since all my appointments are in the Local account. Is there a way to tell Link to sync with the Local calendar? If not, is there an easy way to copy all my appointments into the new BBLink (myPC) account?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

wnbb wrote:

I just realized i now have a new "account" for calender appointments called BBLink (myPC) on the Z10. Apparently, this was created by Link for syncing purposes and this is what has been syncing with the PC. It has nothing in it since all my appointments are in the Local account. Is there a way to tell Link to sync with the Local calendar? If not, is there an easy way to copy all my appointments into the new BBLink (myPC) account?

Just a heads up, if you connect the phone to a second computer to sync contact and calendar it will also create a new BBLink (newPC) account

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.