Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
debnatden
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Z10-4 weeks old & already screwed up

HELP ME! I was using my phone and all was well, my Z10 was plugged in at my desk as usual - i saw my light flashing and went to check a message (as I do all day ) and its like my Z10 froze; the screens black and I have intermittent light that blinks (once then six times) over and over for no reason? I tried turning it off, pluggin it in, holding down power button - nothing.

I tried hooking to BB Link software and it says cannot connect; would you like to reset o/s - figured I'd check on fbook and here & see if anyone has ever had the same issue before I go ahead and reset my phone and possibly lose all my data and photos not yet backed up...I'd call but I have phone (lol)!HELP!!!!!
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Re: Z10-4 weeks old & already screwed up

Hey, love Montreal -- welcome here. Try something simple first: try plugging in to your charger (or PC) without the battery in the phone and see if it comes back to life.
New Contributor
debnatden

I tried - nothing:smileysad:blinks (once then six times) over and over...

Trusted Contributor
ratcat
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10

Found this page with blink codes on it some time back...

<can' add url but google means-of-red-blink-leds-of-blackberry and the page will come up>

Not really sure how much help it is, but as the previous poster suggested try removing the battery and plugging it in...

Id also suggest removing SIMM and SD, put SIMM and battery back in leave SD out and try booting it...  Make note of any error code on screen or red flashes and perhaps someone here from Blackberry can tell you more about the flash codes.

New Contributor
debnatden

Took out sim card & pulled battery for 45 minutes... after plugging it in the intermittent light blinks over and over(once then six times...HELP Blackberry....)meatime imma google means-of-red-blink-leds-of-blackberry like you suggest.

thanks ratcat !!!

Trusted Contributor
ratcat
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10

I am kind of thinking that since the phone is only 4 weeks old you may want to contact your provider.  It is sounding like you have a hardware issue and you probably can get the phone replaced.  I've had my Z10 for about 5 months now and really like it.  It has been trouble free other then odds and ends of small software related issues.  AT&T has been fast with the updates to fix things.  Your best bet may be just getting it replaced to avoid possible future issues.