Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ElderUsr
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Z10, ActiveSync and Contacts

Hello BlackBerry Forums,

Quick question, I've recently been setting up multiple Z10s here within our Infrastructure for a small/medium size business and had a few questions in relation to ActiveSync and Contact Lists. After the Z10 gets added to ActiveSync, it is working properly in the aspect of a normal E-mail client would, if it gets deleted on one, it deletes on the other, Calendar also works fine. My question is when I go to Contacts and specifically for the ActiveSync Account, it does not show up any Contacts, I then have to search manually for them within the GAL, and then it can find it. Is there any way to fix this, minus searching for every person?

Thanks,

Josh

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10, ActiveSync and Contacts

Hey ElderUsr,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

When in Contacts, swipe from the top moving down and open Settings.  Now does it show the work email account as On?

Can you search for the contacts when you're using the search option in Contacts and not the GAL?

These BlackBerry Z10's are not setup with BES 10 right?  It is just ActiveSync am I correct?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tcotant
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Z10, ActiveSync and Contacts

If I enable Contacts Sync over ActiveSync, is there an option to prevent all of my local (phone) contacts from sending back to Exchange/Outlook? I don't want that.

Please use plain text.