Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Z10 - Auto Power off like the 9800 had?

My old Torch9800 had an auto-power off function which was really useful at night (and helped save battery life overnight) - I can't see where to do this on the Z10 - has that function been 'developed out'?

Super Contributor

Re: Z10 - Auto Power off like the 9800 had?

I don't see this anywhere in the new OS, so I'd expect it's another one of those "not now, maybe later" things.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor
My Carrier: EE

Thanks - that was what I had expected asI had looked everywhere for it!   I'm new to this forum - is there a place to upload all the sugggested 'fixes' for the Z10 developers or add weight to suggestions already posted like this?

Super Contributor

As it's a community support forum there isn't any official way to make suggestions, however I suspect staff from BlackBerry do monitor these and will likely make note of the issues that generate a lot of replies.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Another trial and error skrew up by Blackbery, so they finally add an "intelligent" alarm where you can select on which days of the week you want the alarm instead of having to systematically turn off the alarm on weekends and then on again, and for that, to make us pay, the remove the auo on/off option which used to help a lot of battery time. Great stuff! I have been a loyal Blackbery user for 12 years and the last of my friends to use one, but this Z10, though has a lot of potential of being a great device, makes me really angry at the Blackberry developers because they don't seem to respect their clients, it is ridiculous to make such mistakes and take their customer so lightly.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I agree that RIM is missing the boat by omitting the things in the Z10 that have kept people loyal.  I have had some form of Blackberry since they first came out (currently still have the 9800) and was elated when RIM announced the Z10. I stayed loyal even when my wife bought an iPhone 5 and an iPad 4.  I purchased my Z10 two days ago and I am already disappointed with the lack of common applications, but now I find that I can't set the phone for auto turn on and off, something I use religiously. I have been trying to get over the fact that the money management app I used on my 9800 is not supported on the Z10, I can't view my surveillance cameras on it, nor can I load any Verizon FIOS apps.  

The new features such as the Hub and gesture based functions, are great and the browser is lightening fast. The unit is lightweight and comfortable to hold and use.  However, I keep finding little omissions in the Z10's development that are bothersome.  Fortunately I purchased my Z10 at Costco's and have 90 days to return it and right now it's looking like I might do so.  Hopefully RIM will quickly address the issues that has kept its customer base loyal in the face of the "Apple Onslaught.)

Highlighted
My Carrier: Bell

I have to agree... I think every bb prior to z10 in my organization had this feature turned on.

BUMBLE!

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Just another in a growing list of things missing on the Z10 that may either take me back to my 9800 or change platforms...